Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

STS tune. Fuel/Computer/O2 sensor problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default STS tune. Fuel/Computer/O2 sensor problem?

I just completed my STS build and got my car tuned(also posted under Forced Induction page). The tuner said the car keeps leaning out at idle and didn't know why. It stalls sometimes when coming straight off the throttle to the brakes(as it leans way out). It DOESN'T lean out when in higher rpms, just at idle. What could be causing this? The tuner suggested replacing the O2 sensors. BTW, the fuel pressure was fine all the way around. There are no problems visible to the eye. Could it be electrical or computer problems? Here are the Stats: 4lbs. boost= RWHP=391, Torque=404. Here's the Dyno Sheet:
Attached Thumbnails STS tune. Fuel/Computer/O2 sensor problem?-dyno-sheet.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car does the same thing only I believe my problem is fuel because I am losing fuel pressure. Have you tested the fuel pressure while it acts up and stalls? What do you have for a fuel delivery system? Other things to check are your MAP sensor or IAC.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edge04
My car does the same thing only I believe my problem is fuel because I am losing fuel pressure. Have you tested the fuel pressure while it acts up and stalls? What do you have for a fuel delivery system? Other things to check are your MAP sensor or IAC.
I have the Racetronix fuel pump upgrade. The tuner checked the fuel pressure all the way around. The MAP sensor is brand new. I'll have to check the IAC. Thanks.