Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

50/50 Mix Of Race Fuel, Will It Slow You Down?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 50/50 Mix Of Race Fuel, Will It Slow You Down?

When i had my car tuned i was running a mix of 110 and 93, so my timing is set at 31 degrees. I like to keep a little of race fuel in my tank just to be safe that there is no detonation, i don't have autotap or anything to monitor all of the readings. So my question is, will running a mix of race fuel really slow you down, lately i have been reading some posts saying because the race fuel burns slower it will actually slow you down, what the truth on this?
Old 06-13-2004, 06:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im wondering the same thing. The last 2 times i went to the track i ran straight 104 and my times are a solid 2 tenths off.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you guys adjusted your A/F ratios any? Another good way is to monitor your exhaust gas temperatures or EGT. If it's too high your too lean. If it's too low your too rich. You really only need enough of an octane too limit detonation. Too much and your not getting complete combustion. So you need more oxygen in the chamber. You might try an oxygenator in your fuel, and I recommend Price Chemical. It's a nitro base fuel additive and an oxygentor. I've been using the Max Race formula, but they have a wide selection that's mixed in different ratios. This is not the same crap that you see in the auto parts store or a speed shop. The people that I found out about this from were using at to gain an edge (cheat) over the rest of the field. They are in sprint cars. It'll basically turn pump gas into a fuel that'll support high compression ratios. Call them and ask them for their catalog and information about their stuff, and you might also request their formulary. it will provide detailed info on mixing, and how this stuff works. It won't harm senosrs or emission control hardware, but there's a point. It's compatible wih OEM fuel lines and filters. Here's their link:
http://www.pricechemical.com/
Old 06-14-2004, 09:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Higher octane alone may slow the burn time
enough, that you -need- more advance just
to keep the burn completing before the stroke
is bottomed. Even if the mixture chemistry is
ideal. You only need as much octane as
suppresses detonation at your spark setting,
and conversely. Any more is wasted (unless it
is actually improving energy content and upping
cylinder pressure*time, which would come
down to cases - high octane pump gas being
lower energy content than regular, for example,
but having a slower burn in a slow moving motor
giving a somewhat better street result in high
compression engines).

I expect the nitro stuff falls in that category
(increased energy content).

Quick Reply: 50/50 Mix Of Race Fuel, Will It Slow You Down?