Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Injector Noob Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Injector Noob Questions

I have been looking and reading over many things and get a little lost in the reading. I have a 2000 TA WS6, which according to research has injectors rated at 26.2lbs @ 58PSI (according to researching the end all injector post on here)... I want to swap my injectors and get some new ones. I am not paying a fortune, mostly because I can't... so I am checking ebay for some deals as stock replacements for now... and was wondering how much play room would be safe in the pounds? And a lot of these say rated at a much lower PSI... does this mean they are unsafe at the higher psi or is there an issue??? Its next to impossible to find EXACTLY those specs in injectors without paying an arm and a leg for GM Replacements.

thoughts? thanks guys... im pretty mechanically inclined, but honestly never had to mess with injectors so this is a learning experience and i am glad to soak in any and all information!

(replacing because after a pump stop... gas must have been bad... had misfires etc, so replaced all plugs and wires just as a precautionary / clean slate as well as run some fuel system cleaner and replace my fuel filter... still running lean on bank 2 so ... assuming an injector over there isnt functioning well but i rarely replace one thing in a set at a time, id rather replace the entire set. I checked for vac leaks, etc ... the things usually associated w lean codes, but it honestly does feel like a fuel issue, so might as well get new injectors to be sure)
Old 05-17-2016, 02:13 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

You can run any size injector you want, within reason, as long as you plan on tuning for the larger injector.

Pressure ratings are just to show what they flow at a given pressure, and has nothing to do with how much pressure they can handle.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JoeNova
You can run any size injector you want, within reason, as long as you plan on tuning for the larger injector.

Pressure ratings are just to show what they flow at a given pressure, and has nothing to do with how much pressure they can handle.
so any amount over what they were will require tuning? i mean how much leniency is there?

so (using random numbers lol) if an injector is rated at like 24lbs @ 48psi, and they were gonna be run at 58psi , doesnt that change the 24 to something else?
Old 05-25-2016, 06:57 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Clayton Andrew
so any amount over what they were will require tuning? i mean how much leniency is there?

so (using random numbers lol) if an injector is rated at like 24lbs @ 48psi, and they were gonna be run at 58psi , doesnt that change the 24 to something else?
You can run 220 lbs Bosch injectors on the stock ECU as long as you tune for them.

And yes on the 2nd part. If its rated for X amount of flow at Y pressure, then changing Y also changes X.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

You can run 220 lbs Bosch injectors on the stock ECU as long as you tune for them.

And yes on the 2nd part. If its rated for X amount of flow at Y pressure, then changing Y also changes X.
Well final question is there a set amount that it could be higher and NOT require a tune and have no issues?
Old 05-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Restricted User

Why swap injectors anyway? What are you hoping to gain from swapping injectors without a tune?
Old 05-25-2016, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Why swap injectors anyway? What are you hoping to gain from swapping injectors without a tune?
Properly running motor lol. Thats what I need to gain hahaha
Old 05-25-2016, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Clayton Andrew
Properly running motor lol. Thats what I need to gain hahaha
I can't afford much so a tune would be extra money and finding a shop who can do it... I'm trying to get the motor to stop running lean on bank 2 and get rid of the random misfires over there. All signs point to an injector issue but i try to avoid doing one of something that is a set . like I never do one spark plug etc. Always try to do sets. Stock GM replacements for these injectors are 100 a piece.... Can't go that route.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Restricted User

... Why not just pick up a set of stock injectors from someone on here for $120/set?

Going with a larger injector isn't going to solve your problems. Constantly running rich will create new ones.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

... Why not just pick up a set of stock injectors from someone on here for $120/set?

Going with a larger injector isn't going to solve your problems. Constantly running rich will create new ones.
Its not that i WANT larger ones, its just all im finding... ill find a set w close pressure but lower psi so itd run more on my car...

:/

And buying a stock replacement set from someone means used, means who knows how well theyd work.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You could always pull your injectors to have them cleaned and serviced by FIC or even someone local.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eaglegoat
You could always pull your injectors to have them cleaned and serviced by FIC or even someone local.
nobody local does em and most services are kinda pricey but to avoid headaches i may go that route. only problem is that this car is my DD. (fml right...)

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Noob Questions