Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Ysi to f1x need fuel system advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ysi to f1x need fuel system advice

Looking to get a bit more pump than what I have....I'm currently running a 255 and a 340 in tank on a loonie fuel system feeding a -8 line and a -6 return with fic 165 pound injectors. I plan to lean on the f1x and I'm thinking the 2 pumps I have won't be enough. Last time my driveline was down I added a -10 line as a possible future fuel line(Which is not in use yet). My question is can I just tap the tank and install a Bosch 044 or a a1000 externals on that -10 line with filter and a check valve and the merge it to my -8 line and then feed the rails? Any issues? I would add a 3rd internal but from what Lonnie tells me the tank won't fit and even if it did the connector on the fuel hat won't handle the electrical load.
Car is a 99c5
Comment ?
Thx
Old 09-22-2016, 09:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

You are hitting a point at which there are too many possible component failures. Go with the -10 feed line, and wire a big single pump with PWM control. The solid state control electronics, if properly done, are far less prone to problems than the multiple mechanical issues which could arise from extra pumps. The overheating and noise issues typical of a big single would be eliminated by the reduced pump speed allowed by the PWM setup.

Quick Reply: Ysi to f1x need fuel system advice