Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Compresssion fittings? (Fuel rail install)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Compresssion fittings? (Fuel rail install)

Ok, so maybe I'm a retard but how the hell do you use theses things? My fuel rail kit came with compression fittings and I did my best to put them together but have some serious leakage. I slide the hose through the red sleve (pain in the but getting it pushed all the way through) then i would plug it into the pipe part of the bule fitting and push and try screwing them together. In theory it seemed like it would work, only problem is half the time the screwing them together would push the house right out of the end. By time I finally got everything together how I thought it should be, I start the car and gas out of the first fitting (stock fuel line). Who knows if the other ones leak, don't even think gas is making it to them. On the stock fuel line it is a fitting with a little copper looking washer inside. I put the stock line through put the copper washer thing over it and tightened down. Leaks every time, is there something i'm missing? Glue, teflon tape? Please help, i'm giving up hope. If I would have known the problems I was going to have and no directions, I would have never attempted this. Thanks-
Old 09-09-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also am having problems with my compression fittings both on the fuel rail and on the inlet/return line fittings (I used russels alum line and comp fittings). It isnt leaking bad(i guess you could call it seaping) but I dont want it to leak at all. Any advice would be appreciated