Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure check/misfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Fuel Pressure check/misfire

I am still trying to diagnos a misfire i have which thru a P0300 code, general multiple misfires. I checked my presure in the test port today and it is a steady 60psi it looks like. Is this normal pressure? I was going to change the fuel filter just to be sure also. In a thread on ls1 internal i posted i stated my car would not start after 1 month of storage. I used a jumper to start the car and it seamed to be running ok for a while. The tank was on empty while i warmed it up for about 20 minutes. It then started misfireing and i had a code of P0300. It did kind of smell like the Cats were gone (egg smell) but i do not have that code anymore. I had a P0320 in the past.
Any advice on this problem. Should i have the dealer check the Cats? Should i change the regulator, filter, pump? Could this be electical?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Is the car stock? How many miles? When I had bad misfires it was always spark plug or wire related.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Default Misfire

The car just has the beginning mods, Air lid, smooth bellows. The car is a 2000 Camaro SS with 29k on it. I did buy a new set of AC Delco Iridium Plugs today to put in. I know that will be difficult, i bought a pivoting 3/8th ratched and 3/8th swivel to help. Maybe i did foul a plug while i left it idling for 20 minutes. Its just strange and hard to track down when this all started with a dead battery.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Regular

Default Plugs

I guess i will change the plugs to start. I did not recieve any other advice on other things to check. I try this first.