Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Gas in the OIL

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Gas in the OIL

I have a head gasket leak that is being repaired, but before I took it in, I had checked under the oil cap to see how much condensation I had. There was quite a bit and it smelled like gas. Not like exhaust gas but like straight gasoline. It even felt like gas on my finger when I rubbed the cap. What could caused this? The car is at the dealership and they have given me no insight. Pleas help!!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OHHH DAMM the stealer ship strikes again!!!! man i hope you have a warranty if not prepare your self for the bull **** ride of your life ON another matter gas in the oil your car would have to run superpig rich and wash the piston walls of the thin coating of oil film but first any mods this will also help
Old 02-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Have no mods. 100% stock right down to the tires. All is well though. I found out today that the block is broke. Something to do with a bolt. Not really sure, don't care too much about because they are going to be installing a new engine ASAP. Hopefully it's new. The service guy told me that the warranty company may opt for a rebuilt engine.

What could I expect from a rebuilt LS1? The service guy said that if it came to that, that he would get it from American.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Humm man im not sure the only place i would get a brand new motor from is scoggin dickey in texas a rebuilt motor is not an option the ls1/6 are still in heavy rotation there is no need to have a rebuilt one if your lucky you might get a ls6 but any way a rebuilt is out of the question IMO you paid for the warrenty right so you should get your moneys worth
Old 02-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Is a remanufactured engine the same as a rebuilt one?

I agree about getting a new engine. That is why I paid extra for the "better" of the warranties. Oh well I'll just wait and see. What is the price difference between a LS1 and LS6. The service guy told me that the LS1 alone is around $8100 yet I have looked all over the internet and have not yet see one priced for more than $6k.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

That The Stealership For You. Everything Is More Expensive From Them. I Would Definetly Push Hard And Keep On Their *** For A New Motor.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

definately opt for a ls6 or better. thats a shame you have to get the repairs at a dealer. You paid for a warranty only to get the same block you already had i like to think that "once its broke...buy something better". goodluck either way and dont let em hassle you.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

I worked at a dealer and their 'rebuilt' engines were just motors from wrecked cars that had been steam cleaned. Get everything in writing - what quality standards the new motor will be at, everything. Just demanding stuff in writing makes the dealer more wary of installing unknown crap in your car, because you've got a paper trail. Make sure it matches exactly what they are saying. They will treat you like a pain in the ***, so be prepared, but stick to your guns.

Also ask for the name of the regional service manager. Once they know you have a contact above and beyond the dealership, they also might be more careful.

Jim
Old 02-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

OK, here's the feedback I've gotten from the dealership. They said that there is a head bolt (I think) that had somehow been pushed through the block, was right where a water gally (not sure if that is how gally is spelled, but wtf) is and that coolant was threading down the bolt into the crankcase. The warranty company has yet to decide on what they are going to do but in the mean time they went ahead and paid for new lifters and head gasket as they said they would. Not real sure why because that's not going to fix teh problem. In fact, those lifters will also go out because I think the coolant in my oil is what made them go out in the first place.

The VP and shop foreman are trying to get something worked out to get a new motor. I think the guy that had this car before me must've really tore into it because now they are also saying that it sounds like I have a few rods knockin'. Yeah? If it helps me to get a new engine, then

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate everyones input.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

OH, and the dealership that I take my car to a buddy of mine works at and have otherwise never (so far) been given any

If I were to get a new engine, what is ya'lls opinion on the best break-in method.