Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Gas cap, EVAP, Fuel pressure....help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gas cap, EVAP, Fuel pressure....help!

I dont know what the deal is, but whenever i remove the gas cap the car doesn’t want to idle.

Every time i remove and replace the gas cap for refuel, the car doesn’t want to start. It’ll start eventually, but it’s difficult. If I give it gas, it’ll run fine. I usually have to keep my foot on the petal (1, 1.5k RPM) for about a min or 2 and then it will idle fine, and will start fine until I refuel or remove the gas cap...

Tonight I started her up and got the idea to remove the gas cap while sitting in the drive way. It’s idling at about 900rpm, but when i removed the cap, it droped to about 400rpm and wanted to stall out. Also the exhaust odor changed. I put the cap back on and it came back to life.

It has an SES light, but its cause i didnt get a retune after the !cats, !egr, or !air.

If anyone can aid me in this situation I would really appreciate it

Any questions, please ask away. Thanks

Current mods - 99 WS6 M6, 75k, LS6 intake (no leaks), race style headers (no EGR or Air), no cats
Old 02-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Launching!

there are probably more codes other than the cat, egr, and air codes...i'd re-check the codes because you probably have others.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Update: I unpluged hose that goes from the EVAP canister into the intake and put a cap over the hole in the intake, now everything runs fine, with or without the gas cap on. So i guess ima just remove the EVAP system and get a vented gascap.