Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

braded line vs hydrolic line

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default braded line vs hydrolic line

Can you substitute hydrolic rubber line in place of braded fuel line?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not suggest this as, although hydraulic line is oil resistant, it may not stand up to constant exposure to gasoling & the more aggressive fuel additives used today. I would recommend braided line, or socketless fuel rated hose at the bare minimum.

I have seen some hose swell shut internally when exposed to gas.

Fuel leaks & hot exhaust is not a good combination. It is not worth burning your car or yourself to save a few $$. Be safe.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

of some interest is that even the braided lines leak some fuel vapors, don't use anything that says it isn't meant for fuel. Many guys comment that if the car is closed up and is using braided line in the fuel system they smell fuel.
Braided line with teflon is the only thing I know of other than hard line that doesn't leak vapors. AFAIK Godridge is the only place to get it currently.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by v7guy
of some interest is that even the braided lines leak some fuel vapors, don't use anything that says it isn't meant for fuel. Many guys comment that if the car is closed up and is using braided line in the fuel system they smell fuel.
Braided line with teflon is the only thing I know of other than hard line that doesn't leak vapors. AFAIK Godridge is the only place to get it currently.
Is that a business or a person? There has to be more than one place that would sell teflon braded fuel line.

Last edited by pushinfreight; 02-22-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Talking

I agree on the "stink factor". We found it to be the worst when using the Earls "Econoflex", not so bad on the Aeroquip, and non exsistent on the Goodridge teflon lined hose.
As for hyd hose, it has wire braid in it, and is a "biatch" to route, and work with. [Look on the hose. It'll have a 1W, 2W, etc, on it. That's the number of wire layers... NOT nice to work with!]
Here's the homepage for Goodridge... Google has alot of hits for places to buy it at discounted prices.
http://www.goodridge.net/usa/faq.htm

Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
I agree on the "stink factor". We found it to be the worst when using the Earls "Econoflex", not so bad on the Aeroquip, and non exsistent on the Goodridge teflon lined hose.
As for hyd hose, it has wire braid in it, and is a "biatch" to route, and work with. [Look on the hose. It'll have a 1W, 2W, etc, on it. That's the number of wire layers... NOT nice to work with!]
Here's the homepage for Goodridge... Google has alot of hits for places to buy it at discounted prices.
http://www.goodridge.net/usa/faq.htm

So if I see a site that has PTFE steel braded hose that they say is teflon coated and that is able to be used for fuel is this the same product as the goodridge site? they look the same to me.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by v7guy
AFAIK Godridge is the only place to get it currently.
Aeroquip has teflon lined hose.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How is the aeroquip push lock hose? It looks nice but will it hold up?