Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Trans Am rearend questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Am rearend questions!

I have a 2000 Ram Air Trans am A4

Rear end is going out has been since i had the car and the other night someone decided to play target practice with it and intentially wreck me and now the rear end is NOT happy b/c it lifted my car up and dropped it!! I was under heavy breaking trying not to get run over!! But anyway

I dont have a clue whats back there at all i am looking to go to a 3.42 from the 3.23 but other than that i am not sure if its a 10 bolt or anything of that nature so if someone could help that would be great!! also i found a company that will put them in for me for $200 if i buy all the parts but not exactly sure what all i need other than a ring and pinion!!

Thanks
Stephen
Old 01-01-2009, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the rearend doing? If someone tried to wreck you and hit your car, get them to pay for all damages.

Going from 3.23s to 3.42s will not be worth it. Step up to 3.73s. You'll just need the gears and probably install kit. Unless something is majorly messed up in your rearend from that incident.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can hear the rear end clicking going from drive to reverse and starting to growl a bit!! and i wish i could get the other guy to pay for the damages but he hit me and took off could not get plate or anything so my insurance is paying for the body work but says that the rear end is not their concern b/c in their eyes there was not enough body damage to result in rear end to act up!!

I was underbraking he hit me so hard and went as far and pushing my muffler and driverside tailpipe back about 5 inches!! But b/c i was underbraking he just went under my car and only hurt the back bumper cover!!