Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Quick Performance Ford 9" Housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 04:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
2. Not only that, but the Moser housings have the same "non 3channel ABS" issue that QP has. I really don't get your logic on this at all.
Mike
Moser has the 3 channel option as long as you use the Moser center section optioned for the 3 channel.
Please buy from an LS1tech sponsor, this website would not be here if it wasn't for the sponsors. Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 03-13-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you sell me a 9-inch, LCA relocation brackets, and a panhard relocation rod for $2350 shipped? If you can, I will buy from you for sure.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Banned

I wonder how much it would cost to have someone fabricate a custom torque arm then? Or are you a master fabricator that can build your own torque arm with the correct geometry?

I don't think so, but I didn't even ask because I don't have a need for electronically controlled braking. But hey, if you need help with your braking capabilities, maybe the QP isn't for you.

I don't even want to respond to this man. See my price breakdown on the first page of this thread.

1. Do you even read the threads in here? Half of them are complaints about Moser 9" housings, and you claim that they're a "great product". Either the gears that they setup make ungodly noise, or the TA bracket bangs on the tunnel over every bump in the road. Or both..... great product!! How about mediocre at best.
2. Not only that, but the Moser housings have the same "non 3channel ABS" issue that QP has. I really don't get your logic on this at all.
3. The Moser 9" housing/axle package is more expensive than the QP by over 200.00.

Mike

moser part number B9HP2 on there website is 1080. and no one pays that price i bought my last one for 870 to my door.

and the gears isnt al moser problem. just set it up for self or are you not that good of a car guy.

and yes i can build my on torque arm. i have built three. they work great. hell i build alot of my own stuff. i dont with the rear. cause doing a one off is pricey.

and Bod form EPP is the **** on moser stuff. and he is right. thank good for the continued support of true ls1tech customers

so you know mike. this is my last post in here. i just started my first post to let people know that in the past QP has broke welds.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
moser part number B9HP2 on there website is 1080. and no one pays that price i bought my last one for 870 to my door.

and the gears isnt al moser problem. just set it up for self or are you not that good of a car guy.

so you know mike. this is my last post in here. i just started my first post to let people know that in the past QP has broke welds.
I'm setting up the gears on my 9", but I forgot, you can't seem to read my earlier posts in this thread. And Moser is NOTORIOUS for shitty gear setup. Even Moser vendors will recomend you go elsewhere for the center chunk, or set them up yourself. But hey, the're a "Great Product" in your words. You paid 870.00 to your door, when was that, three, four, six years ago? C'mon man, even group purchases aren't that cheap these days. Let's compare to apples to apples here shall we.

And QP's price is 875.00 for the same options. Actually you get more with the QP housing because it comes standard with drain and fill plugs. Those two plugs are added options on the Moser which adds cost. I can go round and round with you as long as you like man. Every other 9" housing out there will cost you more and/or probably have "clunking" issues with hitting the tunnel.

Have a good day.

Mike

Last edited by Mikey 97Z M6; 03-13-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Please buy from an LS1tech sponsor, this website would not be here if it wasn't for the sponsors. Bob
Sounds like a good reason to start selling QP housings there Bob.

I would have bought from a vendor, but didn't find any that were selling the QP housing. And I DO,,,,, and HAVE bought from vendors on here as well as other forums over the last 10 years. Thousands upon thousands of dollars in fact...... I'm fully aware of the "circle of life" when it comes to retail business and public forums, but I'm not going to limit my choices just to make a LS1 vendor happy.

Mike
Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing I forgot to add to my post was the driveshaft and 4L80E crossmember setup was included in the $4400 for the Midwest unit.

I'm going to look into carrying the QTP Having both ends of the spectrum is a good idea I think
Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone know if the offer the 3 and 4 channel options? although its not necessary for me, the wife doesnt mind taking the car for a ride here and there, and anything i can keep on the car to help her control it if she "gets squirrely" is what im looking for
Old 03-13-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another thing to keep in mind is this, I am going to be hitting my car with some power this year, and did not want to risk the stock driveshaft. I bought one of the PST shafts from EPP. They told me that alot of the guys with the moser had vibration problems, and one of the cures was to run a driveshaft that was 1 inch longer than stock, THAT WAS NOT THE CASE WITH MY QP REAR. I took their advice and when it came in, it would not fit. TOO long, I got back with BOB and Drew (SUPER GUYS) and gave them my measurements and they told me that was close to the stock measuerment within a 1/16. So I shipped it back to them and they shipped me one that was stock length. Fit fine no problems. Just keep that in mind. If you are going to buy another shaft make sure you measure it first....
I believe the stock shaft will fit perfect witht this QP rear, but if you are replacing the rear because you feel you have enough power to break it, you probably have enough power to break the stocker. When I was at the track another member on this site was racing his camaro, stock drivetrain, I got to talkin to him and he told me he had broken 1 rear already. My last pass of the night I seen them pushing his car back, after talking to him he said he broke the driveshaft , and the rear. He's cool now he bought a moser and a pst shaft.
But keep that in mind.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Here it is, back from powdercoat in silvervein color. It now matches my BMR Kmember.

Spohn LCA relocation brackets I welded up this past saturday.

Modified stock sway bar mount.

LT1 Backing Plates

That's about it for now. Just need to finish the gear setup and clean up the underside of the car. I also need to bend up some brake lines and fab up a mount for the brake line Tee.

Mike
Old 03-24-2009, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

somebody correct me if im wrong, but from reading this thread it sounds to me like you wont have ABS if you run this rear end. correct?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by drummer0415
somebody correct me if im wrong, but from reading this thread it sounds to me like you wont have ABS if you run this rear end. correct?
You probably could run a 4 channel system. But I just ordered up my ABS delete kit from SJM, and will be shaving off 16lbs of unwanted/needed weight off the nose of the car in the process.

IMO ABS is kinda like a cane, it's there if you need it, but for able bodied people it's very annoying.

Mike
Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

You probably could run a 4 channel system.
Mike
4 channel i dont care about (dont need traction control), but i would like run at least a 3 channel and keep my ABS cuz its still a street car. has anybody found a way to make this rearend work with the 3 channel system and keep the ABS?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

^^^^ i wonder if you ordered the thried member from moser if it would work. moser has a 3 channel. and i think midwest does too. but you might have to modify the center section. like the drill a hole or somthing.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So does the stock drive shaft work with this set up ?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
^^^^ i wonder if you ordered the thried member from moser if it would work. moser has a 3 channel. and i think midwest does too. but you might have to modify the center section. like the drill a hole or somthing.
yeah that was my thinking also. even if you ordered a 3 channel carrier from elsewhere you still might have to mount the sensor on the housing somehow. can anybody confirm this? if you order a moser housing with 3 channel will it be plug and play? or is there more to it? hopefully somebody can answer this cuz the ABS issue is the only thing holding me back from buying one of these....
Old 03-25-2009, 11:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

there is a housing mod, and a center section mod required for 3ch ABS. I was the first one to offer 3ch abs on a production type 9 inch rearend for the f-body. it is required to have both components(housing and center) to be able to install the setup. there are tolerances that are crucial to the operation of the system.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssvert99
there is a housing mod, and a center section mod required for 3ch ABS. I was the first one to offer 3ch abs on a production type 9 inch rearend for the f-body. it is required to have both components(housing and center) to be able to install the setup. there are tolerances that are crucial to the operation of the system.
thanks. that was the exact answer i was looking for.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:46 AM
Staging Lane

i just ordered mine from them today, i got their houseing, strange center, moser 31 spline tru-trac, for $2300 shipped!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is a good thread. good info. really makes me think about this rear. not crazy about droppin 2500 bucks on a moser rear
Old 03-29-2009, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

IMO ABS is kinda like a cane, it's there if you need it, but for able bodied people it's very annoying.

Mike
Well I didn't read the thread.. but I just saw this comment.

Race car - ABS delete is great. Less weight, less clutter.

Street car - Sorry, I've NEVER met someone that can out-brake a late model ABS system. And I doubt you can also. Use non-ABS brakes without failing at it, is completely understandable. But you never know when you're going to have to panic stop and the extra several feet can make a difference.

Quick Reply: Quick Performance Ford 9" Housing