Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

not going to be able to sleep tonight

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 01:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default not going to be able to sleep tonight

Okay, so my rear end/suspension is sitting at the dock in Orange waiting for me to pick it up at 730 tomorrow morning lol but i have a few questions

in a total error, i havent really read much about swapping the rear ends over. I know i have to swap the brake backing plates, which are what hld the ebrake shoes and whatnot right? Speaking of that if im getting rid of me ebrake (dont ask, i know its not the safest thing in the world, but it doesnt work AT ALL anyway) will i have to do anything special or just not hook everything up?

what else has to be swapped over and whats the order. I know there are bearings that need to be pressed on. i dont need to get reluctor rings off of my old axles (went with no abs.tcs option) umm i think thats about it.

If anyone has any words of advice please post them now as my 10 bolt is already out and went through some serious carnage at the end of the shaft so im sitting here waiting for this bitch to come in.

AAHH! sorry

ill post pictures of everything tomorrow
Old 09-21-2010, 02:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only problem I had was with the e brake cable bracket. Wasn't really a place to mount them. I found a place tho.

Really it's all bolt in. I had no problems. It was my first time installing a rear end. 9" spool with adjustable torque arm and pst drive shaft.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

https://www.brutespeed.com/moser_ins...structions.htm

The above link might help you out. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

when you order a fabricated 9 inch package from us it comes complete with the drain plug, e-brake cable brackets, brake hose mounts, sway bar brackets, 4 hole relocator style lca brackets, brake line clips, and chassis brake hose mount adapter. all these components are standard features and are included at no extra cost. the other manufacturers don't even offer some of those things, let alone charge you for the others as options. all these little things add up and make it the most true bolt-in f-body rearend you can buy.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Nice man! How long did it you wait for it to be shipped?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chon79
Nice man! How long did it you wait for it to be shipped?
**** man i have no idea. 2+ months?

finally got everything in the car lat night minus the coil overs. I had to cut my TSP duals off, i couldnt get the torque arm to not rest on the pipes right around the X. All ill have to do is have the X moved farther forward in the car and everything will clear just fine.

Pictures really dont do these thigns justice. Everything about this rear end is a work of art
Old 09-23-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

^Good to hear bro! I'm waiting for mine so I can slap on these 4.5 backspace Weld RT-S's
Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

did i miss it? which rear did you order?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

^^^ Work of art= MWC, My torque arm and mount fit great with my TSP duals but if I use a 2 post lift the torqe arm will hit because its unloaded and hanging.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
did i miss it? which rear did you order?
standard width fab 9, 4.56 gear, wavetrac w/ 35 spine axles. full MWC adj suspension subframe connectors and strange double adjustable coilovers for all 4 corners

you know, all the expensive good stuff lol

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
^^^ Work of art= MWC, My torque arm and mount fit great with my TSP duals but if I use a 2 post lift the torqe arm will hit because its unloaded and hanging.
yeah im getting everything dialed in with the car tonight, imma see if it will all fit, it looked like the x just needed to be moved forward a few inches

cant wait to get this damn thing back on the road