Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What's Needed For A 9" Rearend Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What's Needed For A 9" Rearend Swap?

I have finally come in to some money and I'm just about ready to order my Moser 9" from TSP for my 2001 Camaro. I plan on ordering everything that i need at once. I know I will need a new torque arm and driveshaft for the 9" rearend length. Im not sure on what else i will need tho. Below are the options i am going with from TSP. Links with preffered parts would be nice. Thanks

Rearend Options:

Gears-3.75

Differential-Wavetrack 31 spline

Pinion Support- Aluminum Daytona Pro/Street

Wheel Studs-Standard OEM

Drain/Fill Plugs-Installed

4 Channel ABS

Back Brace-Install

Brake Option-Factory

Extreme Axels-No

Lower Control Relocation Bracketss

Rearend Length-Standard

Sway Bar Mounts

Case-Nodular
Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like you have everything covered. I would upgrade the studs though if you plan on tracking it a lot or just for piece of mind. Might want to give Bob at Brute speed a call.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by alexus6798
Looks like you have everything covered. I would upgrade the studs though if you plan on tracking it a lot or just for piece of mind. Might want to give Bob at Brute speed a call.
Thanks. Would the ARP's standard size be alright? It's my DD but will definitely see a lot of the track. I'm not sure if the wheels I have really matter when deciding on studs but, I have the OEC 17x11 ZR-1's. Any recommendations on studs?
Old 07-21-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got ARP 1/2"x20x2". If they are using ARP for the standard size, it might be ok. I upgraded after researching and seeing people were breaking the studs provided by strange.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Actually, it'll be from Texas Speed and Performance. They just offer factory? wheel studs. I'd have to order any other studs that i decided on. i.e. ARP. With the studs you went with, I'm guessing you had to order different lug nuts?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, had to get different lugs also. I had to get open end because I'm running 2" long studs. I can't run my lug caps anymore but no big deal. I saw that you were ordering from Texas speed. Maybe give them a call and they could get them and its just not showing on the website. My studs had to be ordered separately and shipped to strange to be installed.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by alexus6798
Thanks, I appreciate it! To the OP, please check out my shipped prices at this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-a...Ends_c2632.htm Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: What's Needed For A 9" Rearend Swap?