Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

got my 9''!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default got my 9''!

First and foremost, a HUGE thank you to Bob at brute speed. he went above and beyond for me, working with me on everything from payment to shipping and the parts in the rear. Awesome guy to deal with, and I'll be using him in the future (driveshaft purchase coming up)

the rear it self is so nice, was excited to put it in. The bearings just got pressed, so I'll be finishing it up today.

The only issues I had, were the holes for the lower control arms aren't quite big enough for the half inch bolts that come with aftermarket control arms, but I'll drill them out when I get home. That and the factory sway bar mounts need to be drilled. I think that its a small price to pay for an awesome piece.

A few questions, the way i take my adjustable pan hard bar off, it should go back on the same way correct? point to point should be the same length as the ten bolt right? i shouldn't have to shorten it or lengthen it?

That and non adjustable lower control arms should work also correct? cause they aren't bolted yet, but they look a little bit away from the mounting points. I'm assuming the rear just needs to be shimmied around a bit.

Third, can i fill the rear through the vent hole on the axle if i have it on an angle? so it drains to the middle. i cheaped out on the extra fill hole, and it was a huge pain to get it filled.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
First and foremost, a HUGE thank you to Bob at brute speed. he went above and beyond for me, working with me on everything from payment to shipping and the parts in the rear. Awesome guy to deal with, and I'll be using him in the future (driveshaft purchase coming up)

the rear it self is so nice, was excited to put it in. The bearings just got pressed, so I'll be finishing it up today.

The only issues I had, were the holes for the lower control arms aren't quite big enough for the half inch bolts that come with aftermarket control arms, but I'll drill them out when I get home. That and the factory sway bar mounts need to be drilled. I think that its a small price to pay for an awesome piece.

A few questions, the way i take my adjustable pan hard bar off, it should go back on the same way correct? point to point should be the same length as the ten bolt right? i shouldn't have to shorten it or lengthen it?

That and non adjustable lower control arms should work also correct? cause they aren't bolted yet, but they look a little bit away from the mounting points. I'm assuming the rear just needs to be shimmied around a bit.

Third, can i fill the rear through the vent hole on the axle if i have it on an angle? so it drains to the middle. i cheaped out on the extra fill hole, and it was a huge pain to get it filled.

Thanks, I appreciate it!!

The panhard bar should go in without adjusting it, but there are no guarantees you won't have to slightly adjust it.

Correct, non adjustable lower control arms will still work.

I wouldn't fill it through the vent, I'd fill it from the fill on the driver side of the case. Thanks! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: got my 9''!