Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Any great deals on an S60, 12-bolt or 9-inch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any great deals on an S60, 12-bolt or 9-inch?

I shredded another set of 10-bolt gears... go figure, it looks like the only escape is to throw something in there that does not suck.

So as the title states, let me know who has some great deals running on said items!

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2016, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 05-11-2016, 01:42 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Midwest Chassis is your one stop shop for anything related to rearends, suspension, and safety components!

There are a lot of variables on rearends and depending on your needs and budget one or another may suit you the best. Right up front being you have had failures with the 10 bolt and a M6 trans we strongly suggest to stay away from the 12 bolt and 8.8 rears.

MWC is direct with Strange, Moser, Yukon, and we are the manufacturers of the most popular MWC fabricated 9" package. Your best and most correct info will come from speaking with us directly so we can discuss your specific setup. One thing you don't want to do on an investment this big is to purchase the wrong combo of parts from some website links.

Give us a call at 309-382-6252, we will be glad to go over your options and give you honest, knowledgeable answers. We also have a low price guarantee as well as a payment plan if you need to stretch it out.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Not steering you away from an aftermarket rear end but WHY are you continuing to tear these things up. I'v built a ton of 10 bolts for cars of your caliber with no issues.......
Old 05-11-2016, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Not steering you away from an aftermarket rear end but WHY are you continuing to tear these things up. I'v built a ton of 10 bolts for cars of your caliber with no issues.......
lol I honestly wish I knew... It's possible that the shop that setup the rear did it wrong, but there was no issues during the break-in period. I started to abuse it after the break-in, but I was not dumping the clutch or anything too harsh. Couple of rows through the gears and never slamming second.

I seem to chew them up matting the throttle in second gear at about 4k rpm, I know it's putting down some power, but it shouldn't shred them so quickly.

I figure I should just do the right thing and ditch the ten-bolt now, granted it wont be fixed for a while since I am going to have a mortgage payment here in two weeks... I miraculously was able to convince the amazon vendor to refund me and they can have the bits and pieces back.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Good luck with it, youll be happy with a new rear when you get it.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RikkiTorment
lol I honestly wish I knew... It's possible that the shop that setup the rear did it wrong, but there was no issues during the break-in period. I started to abuse it after the break-in, but I was not dumping the clutch or anything too harsh. Couple of rows through the gears and never slamming second.

I seem to chew them up matting the throttle in second gear at about 4k rpm, I know it's putting down some power, but it shouldn't shred them so quickly.

I figure I should just do the right thing and ditch the ten-bolt now, granted it wont be fixed for a while since I am going to have a mortgage payment here in two weeks... I miraculously was able to convince the amazon vendor to refund me and they can have the bits and pieces back.
The m6 is just hard on 10-bolts, you'll be much happier not having to worry about it.

Quick Reply: Any great deals on an S60, 12-bolt or 9-inch?