Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Auburn differential ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auburn differential ?

My 2001 SS need info on the auburn diff from slp. will this unit just fit in on my car and is it a lot stronger then what I have. Any info on this will be appreciated. to make sure I know what were talking about for the part it show's a price of about $300.help
Old 12-19-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i went with an auburn unit after my zexel unit blew up.

theyre supposed to be better but i doubt theyll last long under a major amount of power with a stock rear.

i bought mine used for $250 so $300 new is a good price.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jalbert
My 2001 SS need info on the auburn diff from slp. will this unit just fit in on my car and is it a lot stronger then what I have. Any info on this will be appreciated. to make sure I know what were talking about for the part it show's a price of about $300.help
Yes it fits in nicely, you'll just have to buy a shim kit and replace the carrier bearings, another tip. Make sure you check the backlash before you remove the factory torsen out. Otherwise you may get a little howl if you don't get the backlash set the same. I did the exact same thing to my car when my torsen took a ****. Auburn has instructions on their website for install, and you need to fill it up with different rear lube than what the torsen took, thats also in the install guide. Good luck
Old 12-25-2004, 09:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jalbert
Guys make sure u use a Eaton as Auburns are not much if u race.