Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Trading rear ends, LT1 to LS1

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Trading rear ends, LT1 to LS1

Hello, my newly aquired 99 SS M6 only has a one wheel peal. This emberassed me when I tried to launch it at the track.
Well here is the question. I also have a mild 1995 Firebird Formula, in witch I put 3.73s and an Eaton posi in it. The car is currently smashed. For now I want to just swap out the rear ends, housings and all. I am aware that the brakes are different, but what about the ABS and TCS? The Formula had ABS, but not TCS. The Camaro has both. Will there be a difference in connectors? How hard is it to make the brakes change over?
Also, is there any cheaper way of correcting the speedo for the lower gears other then paying out the ear for a Diablo tuner and the like?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Banned

The brakes should change right over but you'll need to change axles too for the reluctor rings. Then it should just bolt right up. I'm sure you can find someone local to you with a programming tool to change the gear ratio in your pcm.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

never done it, but i know usually gm is "swap it friendly" ditto on axles, will probably have no problem after changing backing plates over b/c i think that holds the speed sensor. may have to cable tie the wires for each axle to the tube. good luck.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where you live? i can do it if your in houston area