Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Lsd?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lsd?

Ok i want to get a limited slip differential, but im not sure if i should keep the 3.23 gears or just go with the 3.42 gears with the LSD...what would be the best solution...
Old 05-18-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you could start by telling us what year your car is, engine, transmission, what mods you have done, what kind of power you are hoping to make, whether you race at the track or just drive it or show it, etc.

And btw your car already has an LSD, are you just talking about changing the ring and pinion?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

yes more info about your car and your plans are needed. as keliente said you have a limited slip stock. I suppose you went to do a burnout and only spun one tire. Yes if you are replacing the diff it would be a good time to swap gears since you are already in there. as for what ratio gears you should go here http://www.f-body.org/gears/
to help you decide. the more info you give us about your car the more we can help.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

well i got a V6 camaro as you can tell from my sn...but its an A4, 3.4L...like i said id like to get a lsd with 3.42 gears on it...
Old 05-18-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

I'd look into 3.73s or 4.10s. You would be revving much higher on the HW but your in a V6 so gas shouldn't be that bad, not to mention how much quicker the car would feel! I'd look into a higher stall converter too. I'm not sure of the power curve on the 3.4s but I imagine a 3500 would work nicely.

BTW please drop out of your racing "team" ( ) and just cruise the streets, Camaro's don't need a team
Old 05-19-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V6Cam
well i got a V6 camaro as you can tell from my sn...but its an A4, 3.4L...like i said id like to get a lsd with 3.42 gears on it...
Why do you need an LSD if you already have one?

You know that a ring and pinion can be bought seperately from the differential right?
Old 05-19-2006, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

Do V6 F bodies come with limited slips stock? I really have no idea. V6Cam have you ever jacked your car up and rotated one tire and looked to see if the other tire went the same direction. Like I said earlier I would do the gears if your looking to spin the tires and slide around then you will probably need some gears with your 3.4/a4 combo. tell me this how high does your motor rev and in what RPM range do you feel it has the most power. (ex. limiter 5500 pulls from 2500-5200) if we knew something like this we could help more
Old 05-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
I'd look into 3.73s or 4.10s. You would be revving much higher on the HW but your in a V6 so gas shouldn't be that bad, not to mention how much quicker the car would feel! I'd look into a higher stall converter too. I'm not sure of the power curve on the 3.4s but I imagine a 3500 would work nicely.

BTW please drop out of your racing "team" ( ) and just cruise the streets, Camaro's don't need a team
Ummm...no...because its not a racing "Team"...if you knew what Team W.A.R. actually was then you wouldnt be telling me to drop out of it...Team W.A.R. was setup when we were(my 4 closest friends) lived close to each other...now that we are getting out of school we are going to be seperated bc im going to Ohio and one is staying up here while the other 2 are going down south...Team W.A.R. is a brotherhood...we cruise together, yes we do race but not much...we have fun together...Team W.A.R. isnt just in cars its our life style...Team W.A.R. is for anyone who wants to have fun and enjoy life, and when we are together that is exactly what we do so NO im not leaving this...We are family...we stick together...

Originally Posted by lt1formula2000
Do V6 F bodies come with limited slips stock? I really have no idea. V6Cam have you ever jacked your car up and rotated one tire and looked to see if the other tire went the same direction. Like I said earlier I would do the gears if your looking to spin the tires and slide around then you will probably need some gears with your 3.4/a4 combo. tell me this how high does your motor rev and in what RPM range do you feel it has the most power. (ex. limiter 5500 pulls from 2500-5200) if we knew something like this we could help more
From what i have read up on the 3.4L has an open differential...i feel most power at about 3000-3500 rpms...

Originally Posted by keliente
You know that a ring and pinion can be bought seperately from the differential right?
Yes i do know that...i have taken differentials apart before...