Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rearend Help PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rearend Help PLEASE!

Okay, well to say the least the rear end is humming, almost sounds like its passender side thats doing it... now prolly the bad part on my part... When i got the car it was fine, 42k , now at 53K 1 year ago, anywho i roasted the tires one to many time and they were looking like slicks pretty much and umm, i continued to drive on them cause i was waiting for some y2k's so was holding out and continueing on drive it... so there was always road noise. least what i thought. I got new tires like 2 months ago and the noise is getting to where i here it at 45 instead of 60+ mph.. Is it just the bearings going or did i really mess it up, I have had no time to check fluid, or never messed with it, but never had drops under car either...

I need to get this fixed soon so i would like to know if others have been through this. I did search, and most people talk about clicking noises, mine just makes a humming noise at cruise. And yes, i did beat on the car, as in reving and letting clutch out :-(
Old 06-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone ?
Old 06-11-2008, 02:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds like it might be gear whine resulting from your pinion moving. It might be as simple as getting it re-set. Usually that's what happens when you beat on a 10 bolt--unless it just breaks.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:44 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it sounds like a roaring noise it most likely is the wheel bearings. Bob