Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need help fast UMI TM Adj. TA clunking bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help fast UMI TM Adj. TA clunking bad

Well Im still having trouble with my Tunnel mount Adj. TA. Sounds like its gonna rip the rear end and tunnel mount off if you really down shift or shift wide open. I have it set at -2 everything looks good and all the bolts are tight nothing appears to be rubbing or even close to the TA except the DS sits about 3/4 an inch from the bottom of the driveshaft loop. But doesnt appear to be hitting it.
What does the top adjusment do????? It doesnt mention it in the directions but maybe thats the problem???
Really need help here! I cant stand to drive it like this.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the trans mount broken?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take the arm off and use an impact on the bolts. the bolt is a tad bit smaller than the bushing and thats where the clunking is coming from. impact the rod ends on the rear end mount and where it mounts to the tunnel mount. you have to do this every now and then but it will go away
Old 08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the tunnel mount TA's tend to clunk more then a tranny mount ta. i had a spohn tunnel moutn and it would clunk all the time. i tightend the bolts as best i could even with a impact gun. i put a bmr adj. tranny TA on with the UMI TA relocation crossmember and it's a smooth as stock. it has a very samll vibration above 90 but then goes away around 105. thats pretty good if you ask me