A New Yenko Camaro for SEMA...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A New Yenko Camaro for SEMA...

More Camaro news for SEMA...

--------------------------------------------------

I grew up about 15 minutes away from the original Yenko dealership in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, and when I was living in that area it was hard to find a car show that didn’t have at least one classic car sporting the Yenko logo. I grew up a Mopar fan, but being from southwestern PA, the Yenko Camaro is an important part of the area’s automotive history. I’ve seen a wide variety of Yenko re-dos, including a Honda S2000 wearing the white and orange scheme of the Yenko Camaro (Yenko was last a Honda dealership before selling to another company in the last two years or so), but at long last it looks like General Marketing Capital Incorporated (GMCI) will put the Yenko name back on the Camaro. Next Tuesday begins the 2009 SEMA Show, and yesterday GMCI officially announced that the huge Vegas show will offer the debut of the first official Yenko Camaro since the days of Yenko Chevrolet in Canonsburg, PA.

The press release from GMCI below runs through all of the details of the prototype Yenko Camaro redux, and the 2010 Yenko Camaro concept will include a supercharged LS3 V8 making around 600 horsepower. This package, that also includes a Hurst shifter, an improved braking system (presumably from Brembo, as they provide the calipers for the Camaro SS), and a high flow exhaust system from Magnaflow is titled Phase 1, and the press release mentions a possible phase 2 and 3 with “higher output engines”.

Read more about the upcoming Yenko Camaro...

Last edited by SEMA2009; 10-29-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ummmmmmmmmmm ok.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SEMA2009
More Camaro news for SEMA...

--------------------------------------------------

I grew up about 15 minutes away from the original Yenko dealership in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, and when I was living in that area it was hard to find a car show that didn’t have at least one classic car sporting the Yenko logo. I grew up a Mopar fan, but being from southwestern PA, the Yenko Camaro is an important part of the area’s automotive history. I’ve seen a wide variety of Yenko re-dos, including a Honda S2000 wearing the white and orange scheme of the Yenko Camaro (Yenko was last a Honda dealership before selling to another company in the last two years or so), but at long last it looks like GM will put the Yenko name back on the Camaro. Next Tuesday begins the 2009 SEMA Show, and yesterday General Motors officially announced that the huge Vegas show will offer the debut of the first official Yenko Camaro since the days of Yenko Chevrolet in Canonsburg, PA.

The press release from GM below runs through all of the details of the prototype Yenko Camaro redux, and the 2010 Yenko Camaro concept will include a supercharged LS3 V8 making around 600 horsepower. This package, that also includes a Hurst shifter, an improved braking system (presumably from Brembo, as they provide the calipers for the Camaro SS), and a high flow exhaust system from Magnaflow is titled Phase 1, and the press release mentions a possible phase 2 and 3 with “higher output engines”.

Read more about the upcoming Yenko Camaro...
Your post & blog are incorrect...that particular "prototype" is NOT from GM (ala, General Motors), but from GMCI (General Marketing Capital Incorporated), which is an entirely seperate entity, and connected in *no way* to GM.

Last edited by Chevy454; 10-29-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

whoops...thank you for straightening me out on that...

I was so excited when I got the PR that I completely missed that..my mistake!

Last edited by SEMA2009; 10-29-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Quick Reply: A New Yenko Camaro for SEMA...