Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Went to the dealership to take a look...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Went to the dealership to take a look...

Well decided to stop by the dealership and see if they had one, it was a nice v6 rs for 30k...2k market markup. anyhow I was impressed with the detail on almost everything, on the one they had the cloth dash insert on the drivers side was a little messed up and wasnt aligned correctly, but not a deal breaker, but how in the hell do you get in the back seat? there was no release button or anything and when both seats are power it seemed like a PITA, maybe I didnt find the button or something but that may have been over looked or a negative to having dual power seats. other than that everything looked nice, I really want one more than ever now though. just couldnt do a v6 muscle car-

Thought id let you guys know
Old 05-01-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome, its to bad dealers are getting the high priced V6 models making it seem like there all 30k...bah...
Old 05-01-2009, 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

the one at the car show here in richmond the seat lever was in top center of the front seats which allowed it to move up n someone get back there.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

There is a V6 (28000) at a dealershipover here but not for sale. They said it was a loner from GM and they have 37 coming in but all are presold. They don't think they are going to get anymore. Salesman told me they don't want to flood the market and they aren't going down on MSRP. Who cares? You can't sell anything or gain interest if you don't have it. No wonder GM is bankrupt
Old 05-01-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

the msrp was 28k I didnt look at what package it was though, we may be heading back there tonight when the wife gets off of work though
Old 05-01-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

they would have sold it to me right then and there if I wanted to buy it, but the markup, a v6, in red, with no sunroof, not what I would order so luckily Im comfortable at just looking at it
Old 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

It doesnt sound like it has leather. There is no way in hell, that I would pay 30k for a camaro with a v6 and no leather. I dont care what it has done to it.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea cloth interior
Old 05-01-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sasquatch
There is a V6 (28000) at a dealershipover here but not for sale. They said it was a loner from GM and they have 37 coming in but all are presold. They don't think they are going to get anymore. Salesman told me they don't want to flood the market and they aren't going down on MSRP. Who cares? You can't sell anything or gain interest if you don't have it. No wonder GM is bankrupt
He doesn't know what he's talking about. The full intention is to flood the market. They will keep getting them, and they will become readily available
Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

+1.....
Old 05-01-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are always going to pay a premium to get the first one. Especially a car that has history back to the sixties that hasn't been produced in 8 years. By next spring I'm sure it will be like every other car, with 0 percent financing and so forth. The only thing you wont get is a hand job by your neighbors just because your the first. Most of the time you pay for the luxury of being the first on the block. Hell when the new z06 came out they were all 10 to 15 over sticker, and half way through the year saw more than I did SS's.

The first couple of cars are going to be more decked out v6's because they will sell more of them and they started production first. The first ones will be decked out because chevy want's to show the workmanship of the car. Comparing it to the old f-bodies is not even a comparison. Just remember that they have packages for 22k. If your not going to pay 27 for a car with leather and every option possible then don't and buy the cheaper one. I just think it's funny how people will brag about infiniti's and BMW's with v6's with less horse power, but if chevy relases a highly engineered and refined v6 thats pushing 300 horses it's a piece of crap. It's not doing that bad on the numbers when compared to the SS. Not saying I would buy one, but if I didn't care as much about power or was 16-18 it would be my first option. Then again this is a performance site so it is kind of biased. The V6 isn't for me and i'm not going to dog it, I'm just going to wait till I can afford the SS.

In the shape that the main 3 are in we are lucky to even have a choice when choosing a challenger, mustang, or a camaro.

But on a serious note, if I wasn't a car enthusiast I would be interested in paying 26-27k for a v6 model. When comparing that to the other options, infiniti and so on, they are not that badly priced, when you get 4 piston calipers, 20 inch wheels, IRS, dual exhaust, 6 speed tranny, and so on.

Last edited by redz_02; 05-01-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Launching!

I stopped by the dealer when I saw a red v6 Camaro up front last week. Def looks better in person then the pics IMO, but still has that chunky look to it vs a sleek muscle car. Just parking my TA next to it made it look pretty tall, should have taken a pic. As for defects, one back up light had a lot of condensation in it.

The sales guy said that they're not supposed to sell it until some date but "money talks" lol. He also said that there prob not going to get manual transmission ones, v6 or v8, unless its special order. And there all pretty much selling at MSRP or more.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redz_02
By next spring I'm sure it will be like every other car, with 0 percent financing and so forth. The only thing you wont get is a hand job by your neighbors just because your the first.

Pardon the pun, but that about sums it up in a nut shell ^^^
Old 05-06-2009, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

The local dealer had a yellow 2SS with a stick. I'd rather have a Corvette if I'm going to spend that much on a car. I dont like the leather seats, they are too hard and you STILL can't see over the hood. I'll keep mine.