Old 06-25-2015, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up 6th gen convertible revealed!

http://www.businessinsider.com/chevr...ertible-2015-6
Old 06-26-2015, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Not a vert fan but I do like the way the car looks. It definitely appears that Chevy got some of the styling queues from the new Mustang.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Not a vert fan but I do like the way the car looks. It definitely appears that Chevy got some of the styling queues from the new Mustang.
the ****? this car looks nothing like a mustang.

but this car is sexy as hell in a convertible and i never describe a car this way.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

more info from the 6th gen design team.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
the ****? this car looks nothing like a mustang.

but this car is sexy as hell in a convertible and i never describe a car this way.
I think the front looks a little mustangish, apparently I'm not the only one lol.
Attached Thumbnails 6th gen convertible revealed!-img_2904.jpg  
Old 06-29-2015, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

i dont see it,sorry.

and thats some weak *** **** too.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Whoever made that cute picture doesn't know ****...

They look nothing alike.

The camaro did outsell the mustang.

The gen 6 camaro looks just like the gen 5...That was the other complaint from some. And it is similar in some ways.
So...even if the statement is true... Looks like the new mustang copied the camaro.
And why not? They gave in and went irs. They are also using mrc now in the gt350. If anyone is copying it is ford.

The one car the mustang looks like is a fusion. Fact. It is so similar from the front I actually laughed the first time I seen one.

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 06-30-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

ignore him. he knows he full of crap. if the mods paid more attention hed be banned lol.

but now im wondering if i should hold out for a 6th gen. its a great improvement over an already good platform.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
ignore him. he knows he full of crap. if the mods paid more attention hed be banned lol.

but now im wondering if i should hold out for a 6th gen. its a great improvement over an already good platform.
I knew you were on the fence for years with the 5th gen. Understandable. It has some downfalls.

As long as they don't overprice the car I cant see why you wouldn't want to wait a little longer. This is the car they should have made in 2010. Rear visibility doesn't look any better. Standard backup cameras will help.

But other than that it looks like it will flat out deliver on all fronts. Even the interior has me excited and ive never been that picky with interiors.

No brainer man...get a 6th gen.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow what a bunch of butthurt you guys have.

The car looks like the new Mustang, deal with it.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Guitar

Apparently its just you, I and the thousands of other enthusiasts on social media that said the same thing about the similarities. Guess were all full of crap
Old 07-01-2015, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Guitar

The car is an evolution of its past design. Your comment isn't even possible. Camaro had the design first... So even if they looked alike the mustang copied the camaro.

Your wrong... Deal with it.
Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Apparently its just you, I and the thousands of other enthusiasts on social media that said the same thing about the similarities. Guess were all full of crap
You know what kinds of things I can find on social media? Lmao.

I thought initially " thousands" said it looked like the old car. Now it looks like the mustang? Which is it ? Who copied who? This **** is laughable...

I can find plenty of people comparing the looks of a given vehicle to plenty of things and as many other stupid things as you want on social media. It's really easy to go full retard these days. No short supply.

I'm far from "butthurt" . The thought never even crossed my mind that they looked alike. I'm honestly intrigued that anyone could be so blind/ butthurt/ jealous themselves that they would make such a comment. I just can't see it at all. A guess a quick side view glance like the picture above could show a somewhat similar shape but that's it. I'm really confused here. Literally.... The front ends... Nothing alike.... The back... Nothing alike. I mean seriously I don't see any resemblance it's like the twilight zone or something.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be perfectly honest the Mustang and the Camaro have shared certain design elements/philosophies/etc pretty much......forever. Kinda the reason for the rivalry, and you know, the Camaro/firebird were designed to compete with the Mustang Formula that was already out. It should really never come as much of a suprise if they have strong similarities in certtain aspects.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
To be perfectly honest the Mustang and the Camaro have shared certain design elements/philosophies/etc pretty much......forever. Kinda the reason for the rivalry, and you know, the Camaro/firebird were designed to compete with the Mustang Formula that was already out. It should really never come as much of a suprise if they have strong similarities in certtain aspects.
Good post. Kinda what I was trying to say with a glance they can be similar. They are both two door cars in the same segment and around the same size now.

As far as literally looking like one another... To where they could be mistaken. Absolutely impossible. I just don't see it. The average person who doesn't know cars could easily mix them up... But what does that prove? They could mix anything up for a variety of reasons.

How about someone post pics of the cars front and rear same angle etc. if anyone can honestly make any argument and point out how they look strikingly similar I'll entertain the thought. Someone go ahead and do it.... You won't find **** for striking similarity... They don't exist. Yes they both have headlights, tail lights and four wheels.

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 07-01-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ill go ahead and do it. Wow they are so close I cant tell them apart!!! Which one am I going to buy???

Anyone who thinks they look a lot a like is seriously either damn near blind or mentally handicapped.

Funny im noticing pretty much everything is actually the OPPOSITE on the camaro. Larger top grill on mustang...larger bottom on camaro. Headlights share absolutely no resemblance. Rear on the mustang slopes down and is flat across the back. Camaro slopes up...its just so different its not even funny. Why are we even having this conversation?

Id really like to hear someone explain this....I dont see anything similar?

6th gen convertible revealed!-img_0516.png

6th gen convertible revealed!-img_0517.png

6th gen convertible revealed!-img_0518.png

6th gen convertible revealed!-img_0519.png
Old 07-01-2015, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

ill admit if im half asleep late at night and i glance i might mistake one from the other but they dont look anything alike.

i dont care who thinks so theyre full of ****.

you can choose to believe everything you read and hear. i dont.

and a 6th gen is bad ***.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

I second the mustang and Camaro looking the same Guitar is not along lol.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone explain how the front and rear of the Mustang is similar to that of the Camaro?
Old 07-03-2015, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol, i really cant believe were having this discussion.

yup,this car here looks like a mustang. let al explain how he copied ford and the mustang design.

when he asked enthusiasts what they wanted in a 6th gen they told him they wanted it to look like a mustang LMFAO.

holy **** this tops everything ive ever read on here.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pretty obvious this car hurt a lot of feelings. The haters are grasping at anything they think they can find.

It's not hard to figure out that this car is going to easily surpass everything in the segment past and present. Lot of hurt feelings and lashing out in order to justify past purchases and ideologies.

The 4th gen die hards could still hang with the 5th gen at the strip....your getting your doors blown off now stock for stock and mod for mod.

The mustang has enjoyed a strip advantage for a few years...gone. Handling.... It couldn't beat the old platform 1le.... The new ss is already beating the 1le lap times.... More salt in the wound. They gained weight... We lost it. They got no faster... Camaro is faster than ever and anything in the segment. Sounds like a Chevy guy wet dream and a ford guy nightmare lmao.

The one and only performance edge held by the challenger was/is the 392 cars. Camaro will surpass them as well.

No one thought it would get the full 455 hp. It did and matched the corvette for the first time. And even has tri-Y headers stock that the vette doesn't.

The car lost 2-300 lbs.... Plenty of doubt and haters on that subject.

Interior ? Looks like they nailed it

MRC available.

8 speed auto.

Hard tonneau on convertible with fully automatic top you can put up or down at 30 mph... Only one in the segment.

The list goes on...

It goes on and on.... This car hurts feelings. That's why we are seeing some of the stupidest criticisms of all time.

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 07-03-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply: 6th gen convertible revealed!