General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Putting a c5 Z06 inside a FBody

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Putting a c5 Z06 inside a FBody

I have a question, before I bought my Trans Am I wanted to buy a ws6 roller with the idea of swapping an LQ9 engine into it. However, looking at all the things I would have to invest in such as: Rear end, suspension, and transmission, I got the idea of just instead of buying all those things and "building" the car I could just buy a crashed vette and piece it together on the F-Body. Now I'm not sure how c5's actually were, I know I have the same engine the 5.7L. So this got me thinking, can it be done? I know the engine can be swapped and brakes, but what about the transmission, drivetrain, suspension, and rear end? Will it be worth dropping around 8 grand for it? Has anyone done this before?? Its literally just putting every bolt from this to the fbody
Here is what Im thinking about if you are unsure....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-C5-Z06-Corvette-LS6-Engine-6-Spd-Rolling-Chassis-62K-LS2-Complete-Kit-To-Run-/310871524744?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4861630588&vxp=mtr
Old 02-12-2014, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would post this in Conversion and Hybrids. The motor is an easy swap, I think you have to change the reluctor wheel or get an adapter. What was your plan on the rest of the chassis because you can not unbolt the rear end and plunk it into a F body without a lot or fabricating and engineering. The same goes for the rest of the bits.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My apologize, please delete this thread I will be re-posting it to Conversions and Hybrids.

Quick Reply: Putting a c5 Z06 inside a FBody