General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Another 5.0 vs 15 SS 1LE thread, in case there weren't enough!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

are 1le tires wearing out that quickly! ****,that makes my OE tires on my GTO wearing out at 18k look good.

but i must say my stock clutch works great with regular fluid changes.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drove it and liked it a lot, but not $80 a month more than mine and $2000 more than the brand new Mustang. Depending on what the Ford dealer offers me back on my car, I'll either end up with a new Mustang or keeping mine. Really like the character of the 5.0 engine better, didn't expect that.
Thanks for all your input and opinions. I do appreciate it. The only other chance of me going back to GM is if I find a low enough mileage 1LE car, or a 99-02 low mileage hardtop 6 speed with the right mods. You still can't beat those for the $.

Last edited by Redlinez; 07-15-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:18 PM

Id personally go with the 15 GT, love the way those cars look now and the interior is awesome. Then again, the 16 Camaros interior is looking pretty awesome too. The Camaro is a solid car, id just personally prefer a 15 Mustang.

Then again, have you checked prices around you on C6Z's? Just sayiiiing...
Old 07-20-2015, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

I thought I had found a 04 Z06, but after sitting in it and realizing it has a "pad" for a can drink, I dropped the idea. I have a drink with me in my car all the time. If I'm on the road to go somewhere with someone, there had better be room for 2 32oz drinks.
There aren't any 15 GT's with the perf pack in my colors at the moment. I also have gone and driven a 2012 BMW 328I sport pack/prem pack 6 speed manual sedan twice. It's quite a different car, but wow was it nice. The steering isn't quite BMW-ish since it's electric, but I heard they had a different calibration to help that out. It only has 14k miles on it and is immaculate. The 4 cyl turbo was quite impressive, especially once up to speed. The seats, interior, Harmon Kardon stereo, and everything about it were spot on nice. They would just have to call someone to put a number on my Mustang and that never works out in my favor as the other dealer/wholesaler is just gaining something to sell so they typically don't "load up" in it. Drove a new WRX with the wife this weekend and couldn't take that pogo stick kind of ride. Great steering, handling, and power though.
The new sticker price on that Beemer was $497XX. They're asking $30,900, which I think is a pretty good price, but they know me and will do me better. Talk about depreciation!
Attached Thumbnails Another 5.0 vs 15 SS 1LE thread, in case there weren't enough!-328isport.jpg   Another 5.0 vs 15 SS 1LE thread, in case there weren't enough!-328isticker.jpg  

Last edited by Redlinez; 07-20-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:30 PM

You're gonna want more power and be super bored with the car if you switch from an NA V8 to a turbo 4-cyl. Dont do it.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah not feeling the BMW. If it were one of the models that has the turbo L6 like the 335i or 435i or an M3 with the V8 (not the new L6 version that costs 80k) then maybe... keep in mind the cost of modding these cars vs a camaro or mustang. But no thanks to a turbo 4.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

You guys are probably right, but I did have more daily fun in my 06 GTI than my cammed 99 Z28. Looks like the bmw is stupid money to mod too.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Going to drive a pristine, stupid low mileage, 2003 Z06 in electron blue at lunch today. Found a couple of cupholder alternatives..... I hope I like it for several reasons. Cheaper insurance, better mpgs, and same miles as my 14 GT. This guy redefines ocd about his car. We chatted about price and he's right in the low end of the ballpark and I have a wholesaler who's on the money for my car. Shall know shortly what I think of it. Sucks about staggered tires though, and there are only about 4 that work for both sizes.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Man I can see where you are coming from.

I have driven every car you have mentioned and that 1LE is pretty setup. My main problem with the 2015 Mustang GT is its tires. Ford never gives their mustangs good tires from the factory.

As far as price & power. I really think the GT is the better option. It will be glued to the road with better tires with no problems. (buy and extra set of wheels with track tires) no biggie.

Looks I am not sold on either the mustang or the new camaro.

I am not sure what I dont like, maybe to small of a nose on the new camaro.

It really is a tough choice between the two. Power is there in both cars, but IMO the mustang feels faster when you drive it. I am a sucker for that 7k redline and the sound it makes getting there.

If it were me and you have the cash. Literally go drive one, then drive across town and drive the other, then go back. Drive each twice. Write down what you like and dislike about each one while you are driving to the other.

Compare and then choose.

In the end I dont think you would be unhappy with either unless it was because of price.

I will ask this.

If they were the same price... Which would you buy?
Old 07-30-2015, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

One of my other main beefs with the 1le is the tires. They last about 8k miles and are $1300-1500. So I think I'm between keeping my car and modding it, or getting a new GT perf pack car for about $32k. Or keep mine and wait and see what the new Camaro costs.....
Old 07-31-2015, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Redlinez
One of my other main beefs with the 1le is the tires. They last about 8k miles and are $1300-1500. So I think I'm between keeping my car and modding it, or getting a new GT perf pack car for about $32k. Or keep mine and wait and see what the new Camaro costs.....
You can always down-grade to lower quality tires once the F1 G2s get worn out. The Mustang comes with crap tires anyways. I understand it hurts the wallet, but you are getting a better product by keeping the F1 tires or similar.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Just found a cam/bolt on 11 SS 6 speed with 35k. May go check it out this evening. Ford just announced 0% for 72mos and another $500 rebate on remaining 15 Mustangs.....
Old 08-12-2015, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Redlinez
Just found a cam/bolt on 11 SS 6 speed with 35k. May go check it out this evening. Ford just announced 0% for 72mos and another $500 rebate on remaining 15 Mustangs.....
GM has the same incentive... You sound like you really want the Mustang but you still keep looking for one of us to change your mind for some reason...
Old 08-12-2015, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Well, we were a grand apart on my car vs the new Mustang tonight. Funny how numbers change in two weeks over the phone vs in person. Waiting to hear from the prior owner on the 11 SS. He's supposed to call me tomorrow. They will wholesale it to the dealer where I work and I had a wholesaler offer more for my car than the Ford dealer............go figure. It was in pretty good shape. 2 or 3 wheels had curb rash and dings, header gasket on driver side was definitely leaking, needs a right rear muffler. It appeared to have a full Kooks exhaust system with high flow cats. Weird how the primaries were rusty. Nasty sounding cam that I liked. Missing the rear interior pillar trim over the seatbelts. If that doesn't pan out, I think I will keep mine and see what kind of pricing the new Camaro offers. Also want to see what it actually weighs.
No one around here has a 1ss non-loaded 1le anyway.

Quick Reply: Another 5.0 vs 15 SS 1LE thread, in case there weren't enough!