General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

6.0 lq4 questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 lq4 questions

I'll start off by saying I'm new so don't kill me! Anyway, I have picked up this 6.0 lq4 out of an 05 Silverado 2500 hd. I have the harness and the compete motor. I plan on building (or finding an older) asphalt modified to put it in to kind of make it a street/race rod. Anyway, I'm sure my questions have been answered already somewhere but there is just sooooo much stuff here, it's hard to sift through. Anyway questions

What all do I need to have the computer tuned for? Can I have the back 2 o2's tuned out along with the vats?

I was planning on running a Walbro in line fuel pump and a corvette regulator. But which one? Part numbers or reference threads would be fantastic.

I have a green and red plug on the harness that came with the truck. Id love to post pictures but for some reason it won't let me. Help? I don't think these plugs do much other than gauge related stuff. I just don't want to get rid of them when simplifying the harness.

Oil cooler lines. Can I just loop them together or should I run an auxiliary cooler?

I would like to have everything done and running on the engine stand before I drop it in the car. Thanks all and sorry if this is in the wrong section. Again, noob.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Teching In

6.0 lq4 questions-image.jpg
Old 11-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Teching In

I think you can find most of your answers on lt1swap.com. Tune out VATS and all the emissions crap, including the back O2 sensors. As for fuel pump, I ran an in-tank pump that I got from tanksinc.com. The oil cooler lines can be looped together, although I just bought a block-off plate instead.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most of stuff on back of fuse block will go away. Use the info from Lt1Swap.com. If your staying with 05 harness & pcm you need the gas pedal/tach box/ short wiring harness as 05 is DBW throttle. You can convert to cable throttle using the Lt1swap.com info as well. You then need throttle body for cable. Your 05 should have single line on fuel rail for gas feed. On my Buick I made a fuel pump work for Silverado in my tank. Its for single feed and regulator is built in. Your case just get it for 05 truck with 6.0. I got mine ebay brand new for $50 bucks.

Quick Reply: 6.0 lq4 questions