General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

This is what happens when you park in a parking garage at your university (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Syn
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is what happens when you park in a parking garage at your university (pic)

I went to a night class at 6:30 and came out about 3 hours later to see my window looking like this. I only got one picture at the scene before my camera died and this pic was taken in my garage with better light.

What I lost: 2x Infinity 10" subs in a box with a cheap Bazooka 500W amp mounted on it. And they messed up the RCAs on the end so I'll have to get new wires run too. The thing that pisses me off is that those subs and amp were like 3 years old and weren't exactly expensive to begin with--we're talking MAYBE $350 in stuff when it was new. And now I have to go without my car for who knows how long until the window gets fixed. Oh, and the spoiler might need repainted too because it looks like there are a few scrapes on the edge of it. Hooray for thieves--I hope they all rot in hell.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

dude that sucks, but karmas a bitch. they will get whats commin to them.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that same thing happen to me but they didnt steal anything because my alarm went off. This also happened at a college parking lot.

I had to get a new window and get it re-tinted. It cost me about $500

They should all die!!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that sucks. Were was the system mounted? If it was down in the trunk they must have heard it before cause there's no way of seeing it.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does your college have parking garages w/ cameras? I know my university invested a substantial amount of money in security cameras. (If I remember correctly something to the effect of 1000 on the city campus alone.)
Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh sorry man. Only thing I can say, is they probably watched you pull in several times with the subs bumping. Even a little bit... I know plenty of scumbags that would jump at the chance. Which in this case was 3 year old equipment.

Sucks, but thats what happens when you have something nice. People get jealous, and next thing you know, it hits YOUR wallet.

I remember visiting my ex g/f in college with my car. I was scared shitless something would happen leaving it overnight. Luckily nothing ever happened, but I doubt I'd ever do it again.

Sorry about it man, but it just sucks people resort to ******* with other peoples stuff
Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

That sux bro......I hate peeps that steal, phuqin low life *** masters
Old 03-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Syn
On The Tree

Yeah, I'm not sure if anyone heard the subs when I pulled in or not, because I usually have the volume down by the time I pull in to the garage. Also, I don't park there very regularly at all so I don't know if it was someone smart enough to actually watch my parking habits or anything because it was never consistent. The subs were mounted in plain view I'll admit, but I had planned on getting the windows tinted once it warmed up (and now that it is warm it was going to be done like next week..), and I have had the subs that way for almost a year with no issues.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm really sorry about that man. Getting **** stolen is the worst, but I couldn't imagine someone ******* with my car as well.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

dude that sucks so bad. i hate stupid people that do crap like that cause they are to ghetto and can't get a real job to pay for stuff. it will come back to haunt them one day.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS14U2NV
dude that sucks so bad. i hate stupid people that do crap like that cause they are to ghetto and can't get a real job to pay for stuff. it will come back to haunt them one day.

To Ghetto
Old 03-29-2007, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

cheap, but they still sound good once i hooked them up 2night.

****...haha jk man

thats ******* gay. i hate theives. but at least now u can get some good ****.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Banned

Find out who did it. Take an ice-pick to their oil filter--one small poke will do.... Ownage.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Find out who did it. Take an ice-pick to their oil filter--one small poke will do.... Ownage.

hahahahahaha.. where do you people come up with this stuff!?

Hey man... Sorry about the lost/damaged goods... Thats shitty! Someone really had the ***** to break your **** in a parking garage! How'd they break the window, any ideas? that had to be super loud!

Hope these ******** are found..
Old 03-29-2007, 01:57 AM
Syn
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marcus769
hahahahahaha.. where do you people come up with this stuff!?

Hey man... Sorry about the lost/damaged goods... Thats shitty! Someone really had the ***** to break your **** in a parking garage! How'd they break the window, any ideas? that had to be super loud!

Hope these ******** are found..
There was nothing inside the car such as a rock or anything, so I'm guessing they took something like a crowbar or a bat and just smashed the hell out of it. I really don't understand how SOMEONE else didn't see/hear it, but that's life.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude!!!!....... thats sucks ***!.....

How much is the replacement window?
Old 03-29-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

The should suck on a turd in hell.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

I'm assuming these kids were probably college level too, you would think that their juvenile delinquency days would be over. Time to grow up and fit in with the big boys, not act like a little kid!

Also, it doesn't look like you had window tent either...NEVER put subs, systems, or anything else expensive in these cars without window tent. Go as dark as you can go! Yes, it may be illegal, but 9 times out of 10, a cop could care less about window tent. To many other things to worry about, like these idiots!

Good luck man, and sorry for your loss!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Launching!

Man, that's terrible! Why the heck did they break that window instead of busting a front one and popping the hatch?! Not to be a better theif here, but they wouldn't have had to deal with all that hanging glass while they were taking the subs if they had broke a front window instead.

I just replaced the passenger side window in my firebird. They did $300 worth of damage for a $50 stereo that they could only get about $10 for.

How much is your insurance going to pay to fix this?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

Before someone screams police brutality next time they see a cop give a bad guy a few extra punches or kicks, you guys need to think of a moment like this.

Scumbags.