General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Best place to start; am i on the right track?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best place to start; am i on the right track?

Hey guys what's going on, I rarely ever post on here since i'm so busy, I do more of researching but little on time for that as well.

I'm thinking the first to do is bolt in SFC's and other suspension related mods, then a rear ( im an m6 so i think the 9" is better?) probably like 373's or low 4's, clutch, flywheel, ect the works. Now I have a good foundation for what my bottom end will allow. Then go heads cam and maybe nitrous. Usually I see guys go straight for a cam without getting a rear.. clutch etc, whats up with that? Can the car handle it? Sure I would like to have more power and do a small set up first ( such as a cam maybe ported heads or ls6 heads) as i get the rear and start building a good solid car from the drivetrain foward. Is doing a small setup for the mean time really worth it? I just need a little direction, don't want to make any mistake even though even build has something to encounter. Thanks for your time guys. later

btw: I rarely ever drive the car, maybe 3k a year if that. SO its not a dd.

sean
Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Go rear, tranny rebuild, clutch and flywheel (in any paticular order). Then go for the power. Ive seen first hand what a cam can do to an F-bod w/out a built drivetrain and it is not pretty Of course you can go exhaust/some bolt-on w/a stock rear though, (just dont put slicks on).

As for SFC's there are mixed feelings on those. If you ever think you are going to get a cage then I would hold off on SFC's. Buy when my bro got them installed I did notice a diff, but then he also got a cage and the SFC's became a waste of cash.

Last edited by 01bird58; 06-20-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

yeah, im thinking if i went with a cage though Id have to drill and cut / weld, which im not guna do to my car. So maybe just bolt on stuff like the sfc's

any other suggestions out there?