General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

The ole Girl Finally let me down:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The ole Girl Finally let me down:(

Driving back to work after picking up some lunch, pushed in the clutch and heard a "snap". Afterward, I had no gears. Coasted to a stop at the corner of Missouri and Belleair in Clearwater. Stuck there for twenty or so minutes until the police arrived. I was amazed at the amount of idiots that flip you off and scream at you. I had this one old bag tell me that the light was green. She was trying to put the window down to tell me, but couldn't figure out how to do it. She kept on hitting the power lock button. Anyway, I think it may be the clutch master cylinder. I'm just disappointed because that car has never left me stranded. It's got about 62K on it though. It might be time to start thinking of trading it in.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the love she's given you and you put her down so easily?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:03 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

62,000 miles and you're ready to trade it in? That car is barely broken in yet.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

62,000 and your trading it in? why? what i would do to have 60,000 on mine again and ive yet to have something brake except the tranny and thats my own fault
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I look forward to the day that my TA leaves me stranded and something breaks, because it just means I get to build it stronger. It could have happened with any car, mechanical parts and pieces eventually break down, flukes happen. Just fix it and move on. I honestly wouldn't even think of trading it in.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redarrow
Driving back to work after picking up some lunch, pushed in the clutch and heard a "snap". Afterward, I had no gears. Coasted to a stop at the corner of Missouri and Belleair in Clearwater. Stuck there for twenty or so minutes until the police arrived. I was amazed at the amount of idiots that flip you off and scream at you. I had this one old bag tell me that the light was green. She was trying to put the window down to tell me, but couldn't figure out how to do it. She kept on hitting the power lock button. Anyway, I think it may be the clutch master cylinder. I'm just disappointed because that car has never left me stranded. It's got about 62K on it though. It might be time to start thinking of trading it in.

were you sitting in the road like an idiot or did you put it in neutral and push it off the road?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rawr256
It could have happened with any car, mechanical parts and pieces eventually break down, flukes happen. Just fix it and move on. I honestly wouldn't even think of trading it in.
X2. This could have happened to anybody, at least it wasn't something more serious. Keep your car.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Trade it in??? keep that ****!
Old 06-18-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

time to trade her in
Old 06-18-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Veteran

You'r thinking of trading in a 2001, 60K-mile, 1LE Firehawk because a cable popped? You don't deserve that car. Put it up for sale here and let someone who can appreciate it have it. We all get pissed at our cars, but crikey, that's rediculous.

Lease a new Toyota Carola. That sounds more up your alley.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sharpe
You'r thinking of trading in a 2001, 60K-mile, 1LE Firehawk because a cable popped? You don't deserve that car. Put it up for sale here and let someone who can appreciate it have it. We all get pissed at our cars, but crikey, that's rediculous.

lol AMEN, if i had a 100 bucks for how many times ive gotten pissed at my car ide be rich, but i dont trade mine in because a break or anything just means you get to add one more custom part to it. like he said if you want to trade it in after that i think you will find better luck leasing the Carola or a Honda
Old 06-18-2007, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sharpe

agreed
Old 06-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Resident

seriously man, i'll take your car off your hands. i'll give you $500 for it. it'll be totally worth it

i gotta tell you, i HATE people - especially when driving - but i have NEVER flipped anyone off before, at least for them to see. it doesn't solve anything. besides, i don't need anyone making a mental note of my car and smashing in my windshield one day while i'm asleep. i treat everyone on the road like i do to waitresses/waiters at the restaurant. i never give them ****, because you don't mess with people that cook your food. i don't give other drivers **** because you never know which one will write down your license plate and smash it when you're not around.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:13 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

keep it bro-
Old 06-18-2007, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

i will never trade it in even if it has double the mileage !! com on man its machine ....it gonna breakdown ...fix it ,,,,,and ride on .....dont take it to heart ..like it stranded you ........emotional ****
Old 06-18-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Regular

geeez dont trade that thing in... I bought my '98 LS1 T/A with 68,000 miles on it, and it has 96,000 right now. So far I've had 2 power window motors go out, windshield wiper motor, numerous lights/sockets, fuel pump, transmission, alternator, power steering pump, headlight gears, all the speakers blew, headunit stopped working, etc, etc...all that in less than 30,000 miles... And I wouldn't think of getting rid of my car if the engine blew up tomorrow. I know a bunch of people on here feel the same way.

3 of those things that happened left me stranded, and I got excited because better/stronger parts could go back on. Going H/C in a week or so and hope she holds on. Please dont trade your car because of one little incident.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black_Bird

3 of those things that happened left me stranded, and I got excited because better/stronger parts could go back on. Going H/C in a week or so and hope she holds on. Please dont trade your car because of one little incident.
thats how i felt when my tranny went, i was like ahhh **** now i cant drive for a week or two but now i guess i have to buy the Performabuilt ive been talking bout forever
Old 06-18-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

60k and something breaks and you want to go run crying? please. just fix the clutch and enjoy it for another 140k, THEN think of getting a rebuild.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't do it man for the love of god don't do it.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...QQcmdZViewItem

chuckles.

Well my 5th gear synchro slider thingie went out on mine and Im horribly irritated L) Money isnt that much of a concern just finding a competant tranny mechaic is..

I figure if im gonna pull it to send it off to 6speedinc i may as well try and fix it myself hehe. Been trying to find a good reason to buy a garage full of equipment and get my hands bloody n dirty heeh