General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

The ole Girl Finally let me down:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:26 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll buy it from you cheap. 1k?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

You want to trade in a high-performance car that has been good to you for 60K because of something that is probably minor? You need to get an Accord and find a new hobby, like collecting stamps...
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't ever get married.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

You called him a girl. Thats the whole problem
Old 06-19-2007, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh and just buy a beater. Cant beat them old civics
Old 06-19-2007, 06:20 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

No way, man. My power antennae stopped working so I say "F" this car...
Old 06-19-2007, 06:20 AM
TECH Resident

that's what ya get for sitting on it
Old 06-19-2007, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

I am going to guess most of the smart *** comments were spewed by the single under 25 crowd that still gets their lunch money from mama. I hope for the sake of society, as you get older, you become a little wiser. When you have a family and a responsibility to provide for that family you will understand that a car will not take priority over things that are really important.

Don't get me wrong. I love my car. I've had a formula or trans am since 1985. Probably before most of you were even born. It pains me to even think abouit getting rid of it. But my job requires I show up. My school requires I show up. I am at work or school about 15 hours a day, so time is already at a premium. With a wife, kids, child support, mortgage, kids sports, and all the other financial responsibilities, money is at a premium.

I am not a mechanic, nor do I have the time to learn to be one. I don't have any friends that are mechanics. If this was my second car, trading it in wouldn't even be a question, but I rely on my car for my livelihood, so I need to be able to count on it. (Before anyone chimes in, I know, I know, a new car can break down too, I get it)

For those of you that don't understand where I am coming from, you are not in my shoes, so **** off. However, I am willing to bet some of the wiser, more mature members have been there, and know exactly what I am talking about.

For anyone that is still interested, the clutch blew apart. It is getting new flywheel, clutch, clutch fork, master cylinder, slave cylinder, etc. One more thing before the barage of insults come pouring in, if you re-read my original post I said it MAY be time to starting thinking about trading it in.

Last edited by redarrow; 06-19-2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

traded in my camaro (even though it was a sixer) just becasue of reliability and gas prices. got a dependable daily driver now sounds like in your situation doing the same wouldn't hurt. oh and i am 17 and can figure this out you dont have to have a family and ****
Old 06-19-2007, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ITSA6
traded in my camaro (even though it was a sixer) just becasue of reliability and gas prices. got a dependable daily driver now sounds like in your situation doing the same wouldn't hurt. oh and i am 17 and can figure this out you dont have to have a family and ****
Sorry, I don't mean to imply you have to be old or have a family to be smart. Far from it. I am just saying as you become older and have more responsibilities your priorities change. And with that, sometimes you have to make decisions you don't like.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

OK. I'm old, I have a family, have a career, house and all that good stuff. You got 65K trouble-free miles out of a PERFORMANCE car (that would smoke 98% of the vehicles on the road) and the first hiccup ON A WEAR ITEM has you considering a trade-in? Not to be a jerk, but that's not right. This is a car ENTHUSIAST site, so what reaction did you expect? Even a Honda/Toyota commuter vehicle will have stuff like that happen. Do yourself a favor and get a $1500 mid-nineties 3.8L Buick as a beater and keep your Firehawk. That way you can be responsible and still have fun...
Old 06-19-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
OK. I'm old, I have a family, have a career, house and all that good stuff. You got 65K trouble-free miles out of a PERFORMANCE car (that would smoke 98% of the vehicles on the road) and the first hiccup ON A WEAR ITEM has you considering a trade-in? Not to be a jerk, but that's not right. This is a car ENTHUSIAST site, so what reaction did you expect? Even a Honda/Toyota commuter vehicle will have stuff like that happen. Do yourself a favor and get a $1500 mid-nineties 3.8L Buick as a beater and keep your Firehawk. That way you can be responsible and still have fun...
+1 did you expect it to last forever? that'd be like trading in the car cause you needed rotors or pads man thats just f'cking stupid.Or like said before maybe you should sell it on here where it would be appreciated
Old 06-19-2007, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
I wont even address the flawed logic with the 1500 beater suggestion. NEVER in any of my posts did I suggest trading it in to get a Honda/Toyota. If I traded the car in, it would be to get a low mileage GTO or something of that nature that carries a warranty. In any event, I am done trying to justify my decisions to people that don't know **** about me or my situation.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fully understand redarrow, that's why I sold my '80. But to this day I wish I could've figured out a way to keep it. Ten years later I'm finally able to have another toy, but it's my 3rd car. If it blows up I'll be sad but it won't strand me.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redarrow
I wont even address the flawed logic with the 1500 beater suggestion. NEVER in any of my posts did I suggest trading it in to get a Honda/Toyota. If I traded the car in, it would be to get a low mileage GTO or something of that nature that carries a warranty. In any event, I am done trying to justify my decisions to people that don't know **** about me or my situation.
What flawed logic? My 1990 LeSabre has 200K miles on her and doesn't owe me a dime. I'm just offering constructive criticism. What happens when your "GTO or something of that nature" has the clutch go out? Do you trade that in, too?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Don't get me wrong. I love my car. I've had a formula or trans am since 1985. Probably before most of you were even born. It pains me to even think abouit getting rid of it. But my job requires I show up. My school requires I show up. I am at work or school about 15 hours a day, so time is already at a premium. With a wife, kids, child support, mortgage, kids sports, and all the other financial responsibilities, money is at a premium.
sounds to me like someone is trying to live beyond their means. and i won't even address the underlined part..
Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trade in a 1LE Firehawk, a 2001 with 60K, white, M6... for a GTO... Gah...
Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

im only 19 but my mom has not paid for a thing of any my cars sence my freshmen year in Highschool (5 years ago ) my tranny went and i had nothing to drive untell i got money and what not together so i just barrowed a car from someone i know. mommy does not fix my clutches or trannys or anything i own, i do, and i pay over 1500 a month in bills already and just freshly graduated so if your worried about the money or transportation im sure someone will have a car you can barrow well you get some money together for the car. or why not save up and buy a beater, then fix it?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hate to break it to ya chief but a warranty DOES NOT cover WEARABLE ITEMS so you'd be paying for this one anyway.Maybe its how you drive?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Jesus Christ, It's a 160 dollar part