General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

anybody ever mess with peltier devices? thermoelectric heating/cooling/generaters?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody ever mess with peltier devices? thermoelectric heating/cooling/generaters?

i know there are some devices developed to replace the alternator, generating power from peltier devices/thermoelectric generator using heat from exhaust... plenty of computer server rooms and medical equipment use thermoelectric air conditioners to keep them very cool or even below freezing... in a relatively compact unit with no freon, no fluid or coolant of any kind and no moving parts except for electric fans. solid state stuff, long lasting highly reliable. they even use them in portable ice makers and coolers now.

i was just reading up on some stuff this weekend, it makes me want to test out some stuff for my vehicles... to get rid of all the belts dragging on the engine. thermoelectric air conditioner, thermoelectric generator,

would like to rig up an electric motor to the stock power steering pump too, something simple... and electric water pump is easy too

i need toget the **** out of the army and go back to college...