General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

slp manual fan cantrol switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question slp manual fan cantrol switch

hey whats up everybody? recently i bought the slp fan cantrol switch and installed it. will anything happen to the fans or something else, if i turn on the fans at 160 degrees and leave it on while im driving around. of courst ill turn it off when i turn off the engine. thanks
Old 10-12-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Why would you want to do this? A cool engine is good, but a cold engine would be overkill and give poor performance. I would also say running the fans at all times would wear them out faster.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had my switch on for about 2 years now and im still running the stock fans with 88K on them you will be fine just when u hit the highway turn them off
Old 10-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Launching!

I've had to change my fan twice so far. I think the first one was a bad fan anyways and so was the second cause I got it from the junkyard. But I bought a new one and this time it's been working great for about a year I believe. But as long as it's hooked up right and there is no chances of wires touching (which is easy with small toggle switches) then it should be fine cause that's all it does when the fan gets turned on anyways. I only put a switch in mine cause my relays stopped working or something and I couldn't figure it out even after putting new relays and fuses and so on in.

=\

BTW I got almost 204k.

=\

Last edited by Craiggg; 10-13-2008 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Forgot Mileage