General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is it hard to replace t-top seals?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is it hard to replace t-top seals?

I searched the t-tops conversion threads and there's no mention of how easy it is to replace them.

I looked at the paperwork and receipts for work done to my car and the seals around the doorsill were replaced with brand new ones at the dealer, but the seals on the tops themselves are old as hell and all warped. My car leaks in the winter when it rains.... and yes, I do install the t-tops so that the flap isn't all folded in/crushed. Any further help would be greatly appreciated... thanks
Old 01-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Launching!

New years bump, since I never found out through more searching. I don't want to just rip the damn seals off, thinking in my head "ah this'll be easy as hell" then when they're finally ripped to pieces, go "oh ****" and have to drive t-topless for a while.

If anyone has a tutorial link or something that'd be great. Or if you could recommend me an adhesive to use (I have no idea) or if it comes with adhesive already.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not really that hard. you need the t top seal and the door seal for both sides. mostly held in by adjustable channels on the body of the car and inside of the t top
Old 01-01-2009, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

ya the seals on the t-tops are pretty easy, also it affords you a good chance to go in there and lube up the "swivel arm" and all that stuff, i had an extra set of t-tops and in about an hours time maybe even less i had all 4 taken apart, figured out all the best of all the parts and had all 4 put back together, just take your time and feel around carefully, don't just go ripping into them.