General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

No heat and it's getting cold

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No heat and it's getting cold

my son has a 97 B4C Z,and he's getting no heat,i have replaced thermosate to 180,bled the system with the bleeder on thermo housing still no heat,i've read that the heater core lines have bleeders,where are they? any other help with this problem?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem. There are two possibilities. One is a plugged heater core, which can be solved (maybe) by unhooking the heater core hoses and back flushing the heater core. I'm going to try that eventually. The other possibility is that the blend door is sticking, and not allowing hot air from the heater core into the cabin. Does it have no heat at all or poor heat? If there is a little bit of heat, try feeling the air coming through the vents as you move the temp control back and forth. If you don't feel any change in the temperature it may be a stuck blend door. If you remove the kick panel under the dashboard you can see the stub at the bottom of the blend door, with a cable coming from the HVAC unit in the dash. Try rotating the temp **** and watching that stub to make sure it moves with the ****. As for the bleeders, I believe the heater core return line has one, it would be right near the water pump, next to and below the throttle body. Post back if you have any luck fixing it.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile got heat

the blend door was not sealing,problem fixed
Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, how did you determine that? Did you actually open up the box so you could see the door? I couldn't figure out how to get at that without pulling the whole dash apart.