General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help with car problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with car problems!!!

My car, since I washed the motor a few days ago, is giving me problems. At first I thought it was the computer or any other sensor that got wet and as soon as it dryies up it will start working fine like it always does after I wash the motor. Only this time the car wont stop misfiring. I have plugged a scanner to see what it was but it gave me a code P0301 or P0300 (Multiple misfire). I have changed the coil packs with another car that works, I have changed the spark plugs and wire incase that was wrong too but still nothing. I made sure the computer was dry after two days and it was, I even air prussured everything to make sure its completely dry just incase. The O2 sensors seem bad so I replaced those too and car is still acting the same. Only diffrence is now when I put the scanner the car won't register it. To make sure the scanner was not bad I tried out with a friend's car and the scanner works on his car but not mine. What could it be? I am getting frustrated with this thing whatever it may be! Any help is appreciated!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What scanner? Not being able to scan for codes might just be a blown CIG/ACCY fuse, it also powers the DLC port.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not good to just blindly spray under the hood. If you want to clean things up, use a damp cloth, compressed air, and maybe some degreaser. At best, use a LIGHT MIST to moisten things.

Give it a week for everything to dry completely out and try again. I hate to say it, but if all your fuses are good, you may have saturated the ECU and blown it.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

I finally found the problem! One of the electrical wires from the injector (#1) that goes to the ecu/computer was torn and that is why I would get the codes P0300 and P0301. The changing of the injector, coil pack and spark plug were not working cuase of the torn wire. I finally fixed it and know the cars works fine. I got a scared there for a while and tought it was because I washed the motor but thank God it wasn't that. Although I have no clue as to why that wire was torn. Either way if any of you get something similar it would be a good idea to check the wires. Its a pain but worth a try. Just trying to help out any member with similar problems in the future.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good job. Next time be careful about spraying under the hood. I lost a perfectly good MAF that way and I was getting all sorts of weird codes before everything finally dried up.