General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!

well I just bought this car "93 pontiac trans am" and its been nothing but a head ache for me trying to fix all the little problems this car has.

I need some kind of schematic of how the dimmer swtich operation works. I have my column all tore apart down to the plastic cluster that operates the turn signals.

It feels like there is a piece missing or something my dimmer switch will activate turn signals fine but the hi/low beam selection is broke it doesent click or anything. Some kind of detailed schematic would be great!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:11 AM

anyone? I found a plastic piece on the floor that i think might slide a metal lever in the column but...i can push and pull on that metal lever/slide and it doesn't really move or activate the hi beams so there must be more to it then that?

Im pretty sure im going to just put one of those old school dimmer switches on the floor and eliminate the operation the column. I dont really have much patience lol
Old 05-10-2009, 03:07 PM

well i finally got this column back together"pain in the a$$" annd now im getting no power, and the horn blows when you push in on the key at all? no idead what i did maybe trip alarm? any ideas
Old 05-10-2009, 05:14 PM

anyone ever have one of these columns apart?