General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP!!! 95 Z28 LT1 Stoped firing ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face HELP!!! 95 Z28 LT1 Stoped firing ???

My Z28 stop run durning warm up. Restarted for 10sec. a couple of times then died. During those times i heard fuel pump run for a few sec. I put 2 gal of gas in, Still wouldn't start and have not heard fuel pump run anymore.
Checked for fire with spark tester at plug wire & coil. I have no fire at all.
Replace optic spark distributor, coil & had ICM tested, Still have no fire. I also checked the chip in key, 2 wires under dash for resistance while key is in ign. switch which checked ok.
Now for some thoughts i have; Will the engine get fire if the computor knows the fuel is not pumping pressure or could the computor be telling the pump not to run ??? I currently have no fuel pressure and have not heard pump run.
I have no spark and no fuel pressure.
Please give me ideals my Z28 wants to live again.
Thanks (Sad) Dave
Old 05-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Are there any CODES in it? Did you plug the Dizzy connector in on the pass side of the intake manifold! hmmm Sounds like you didn't really do any testing just threw parts at it! Check your grounds by the coil and also make sure that module is good! may have a VATS issue! You need to pull the codes I bet you it has a few stored in there!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

This car has been down for six months, i have been messin with it here and there because he is my nieghbor... i also think that its a VATS issue but any input will be appreciated, The grounds are fine also...
Old 05-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Is the SECURITY light on?

Quick Reply: HELP!!! 95 Z28 LT1 Stoped firing ???