General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SES Light. Left Bank Lean and Right Bank Lean

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES Light. Left Bank Lean and Right Bank Lean

My SES light is on but some times it will go off. I put the computer on it and it shows two codes. Left and Right Bank running lean. My mods are a SLP lid, Bullet muffler and I have 100hp NX kit. I figured that it was caused by the nitrous but I havent sprayed in over a month and the light just canme on last week and I haven't sprayed it. Any ideas on what this might be.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by V.B. StreetKiller
My SES light is on but some times it will go off. I put the computer on it and it shows two codes. Left and Right Bank running lean. My mods are a SLP lid, Bullet muffler and I have 100hp NX kit. I figured that it was caused by the nitrous but I havent sprayed in over a month and the light just canme on last week and I haven't sprayed it. Any ideas on what this might be.
Both banks lean....maybe you have a leak somewhere sucking air in after the MAF. Check your connections from the MAF to the TB.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS6427
Both banks lean....maybe you have a leak somewhere sucking air in after the MAF. Check your connections from the MAF to the TB.

albsolutely true, check your MAF to make sure nothing obvious. THEN I would even suggest cleaning your MAF with "MAF CLEANER" ONLY. Do not clean with brake cleaner, then reset the code and go from there... But That is the first step I would take.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Teching In

will do first thing in the morning.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Teching In

I think that did the trick. My MAF screen was half covered in junk. I cleaned it and cleared the codes and the light hasent came back on yet.