General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car has no Power! Nothing to do with HP..

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car has no Power! Nothing to do with HP..

Went to muffler shop to have new O2 bung welded in. Got in started it up and noticed guages doing their thing like after the battery was disconnected but they went to where they were suppose to and thought nothing about it. Get home park the car in driveway to clean garage. Got in to to start to pull in garage and nothing. no accessary power nothing. Thought i heard a faint pop like maybe a fuse blew but not exactly sure which fuses to check? Can one fuse kill the whole car? I got no fuel pump, accessories, nothing.. Could this be a bad relay? If so which relay? Surely it is not a bad pcm, I would at least get my accessories and It would crank over just not start, right? Need help!!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no power would be from the battery. it wouldnt be your starter because you would still have power. take your battery out and have it checked
Old 09-18-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you check the battery cables, if they left them loose? If it was loose and arced to the cable that will make a popping sound.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by intense3123
Did you check the battery cables, if they left them loose? If it was loose and arced to the cable that will make a popping sound.

Wonderful! Simple fix. It was just a loose neg. cable. I remember now when i put it back on after my N2O install it was stripped out just enough to where it wouldn't tighted down all the way. Meant to get it fixed but I don't drive it everyday and just forgot about it. Thanks Intense and Hitman.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem