General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ttop leaking passenger side!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ttop leaking passenger side!

Did a search and surprisingly theres nothing about ttop leaking down the sail panel and over the speaker grill. All the topics are about puddling water coming in from other places. My problem is its a small stream of water that leak straight down on the speaker grill to the floorboad.

Anyway to test where the leak is exactly coming from. I mean i know where the leak is coming from inside the car, but when i take the ttops off, do i put some water on the channels and see? I mean technically wouldn't it drip on the car since theres no ttop there anyways?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Have you checked if the T-Tops were put on correctly? I know its not that hard, but I would get a leak when the weather strip on the T-Top pinched the strip on the windshield, or sail panel piece.

To test it I would think pour some water in certain areas, and have someone inside the car. Do seperate areas one by one, and wait to see if it leaks.
-Joel
Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i tried that. It definitely leaks because a couple years ago i would get a few drops and now its a steady stream that comes in at the same spot. Its basically coming in at the corner of the ttop/sail panel junction that faces the outside and runs straight down over the sail panel speaker grill to the floorboard. When i take that ttop off, i can't see anything compared to the other side so its hard to tell what exactly is bad.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I had that before. I had to adjust two things - make sure the gasket isn't getting folded over (mine was) and also I had to bend the bracket downward a little to hold the t-top tighter against the seal. Then I found that water was actually leaking underneath the t-top gasket a little bit so I lifted it up, squirted some silicone sealant between the metal and gasket, then smooshed the gasket back down. That sealed her right up.