General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

window problems (not normal problems)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window problems (not normal problems)

This is a long shot question but I'll ask it anyway.
To start, I just bought this fairly rough 98 TA with 101,000 miles. Well I noticed that at the front of the driver side window, the glass was no going up all the way, it was maybe .5" short of where it needed to be.
So I did a search on here and found a great post where someone wrote up a thing and it looked like my problem was a common one.
But when I took off the panel I discovered that someone must have had a hard time installing a window motor at one point in time because the holes mounting the WM were all slotted and jacked up, in addition it appeared to be missing bolts. So when I started operating the widow with the panel off, I could see the motor moving all over the place. The few bolts that were holding the motor in place were lose!

Is there a way to fix my jacked up door? I was thinking of somehow mounting a thin steel plate with the correctly sized and placed holes over top of my messed up fiberglass.

Any ideas?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This is a common issue, too. You are correct, a plate is the way to go -> https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-included.html
Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thanks man! I really didn't think the would be common, I thought it had to be some dope who couldn't fit it right.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

It looks like some people with the problem had the regulator taken out and then installed back with the wrong rivets.