General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power window adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power window adjustment?

A few days ago i had a shop look at my drivers side power window because it was a bit far out from the weatherstripping. They said something about the rivets being busted so they used screws, and for 2 days it was ok. I just took a trip down to philly for 2 weeks to see my parents, and now the damn window stops like 1 1/2 inches from the top like it hits a brick wall. Also once it gets 3/4 there the window almost falls down and then picks itself back up if you know what i mean.

Why does this happen and what could they have done or didn't do? Im stuck here for 2 weeks and its going to rain, Im gonna have to pay another shop to look at now im guessing? When i get back, im gonna give them crap.

Is it easy to adjust? I have some mechanically inclined friends with garages, but i have serious family things to do, i don't have time to start pulling apart things.

Alright i found this threa. https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-included.html.

Same exact spacing from the top of the window, same gap. So your telling me after working for 7 years fine, My wife decided to call them because you could some air through the top of the window and told them to look at the window(yeah i was pissed after i found out). So basically they screwed up my fiberglass?

Last edited by 92SilverSHO; 05-17-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Sounds like it. You need to take the door panel off to confirm.

The window motors go out frequently and many shops cut corners by using incorrect rivets. (The correct rivets are hard to get outside of GM, who charges a ton for them.) Regular rivets tear through the glass and bolts just make things worse. (The special ones have a steel mandrel with aluminum jacket. Common rivets are usually steel/steel.)

Quick Reply: Power window adjustment?