General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

need help finding resistor for ABS on 1998 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help finding resistor for ABS on 1998 Camaro

ok I had to change my steering wheel it busted I got a momo wheel for it installed it been getting told way to manny ways to do this.. what I did was took out the clock spring and installed the wheel using a spacer with lock tight on the nut seems pretty good now I been trying to get this light out by plugging resistors into the plug under the dash that use to go to the air bag I went to get two 3.3 ohms and wound up with 3.3 K ohms it dose not work so I been reading on here and I seen every thing from a 10 ohm to a 1.5 ohm I am so confused now bottom line what is the right resistor to put in my 1998 Camaro at the connector under the dash no clock spring to shut the light off......... thanks
Old 06-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well after not getting any feed back on this I went and go all the resistors I could find which was not many but I had got a pack of 10 ohm and put two and that did not work what did work on my 1998 LS1 Camaro so far any ways was three 10 ohm in parallel that worked out to 3 ohms and the air bag with the clock spring plugged in was 2.5 ohms just in case any one ell's needs to do it