General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Front Accessory Pulleys - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front Accessory Pulleys - Need Help

Hey all, does anyone know where you can buy the small front pulleys? The little small ones, NOT the crank, power steering, or water pump ones. I'm in the process of installing everything from my 98 ls1 onto a new ls6 longblock and noticed the bearings in those little guys were bad. One of these pulleys had a replaceable bearing in it so my father and I pressed the old out and a new one in. But it looked like the other small pulley bearings could not be pressed out.

Part numbers/links/anything! I've tried searching google to try and find the part numbers, but I'm not too sure what those pulleys would be considered and I cannot seem to find the results I'm looking for. Was hoping someone on here would be able to help out.

Also, one of the pulleys had 2 dish-shape retainers [maybe covers?] with it [one on each side]. The others only had one of those dish retainers/covers on the front of it. Could someone clarify which pulley is supposed to have the 2 retainers? We tried to keep everything organized and together, but it got slightly merged together and I just want to be sure each pulley is set up the way it needs to be.

Thanks all!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Goodyear makes them for the accessory belt. I think I got mine through Summit or Jegs. I haven't found the two small A/C belt pulleys yet, though.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've just replaced the main tensioner and idler pulleys and my ac tensioner pulley (which is the same as the idler). Run down to advanced auto and all of them will cost you around 80-90 bucks. Good luck with the ac idler, I cannot get that bolt to budge.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys! Glad to hear these are easy to come by. I was hoping I could get them locally but wanted to make sure since I am adding stuff to my shopping cart online for other misc parts. Really appreciate the info! =)

DWake, we got everything torn off ok. Luckily we had access to a small air compressor and gun. Made life so much easier for the disassembly.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

the a/c uses 2 pulleys the same size.....got mine off of rock auto
Old 08-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Teching In

Dayco Part#89135 from RockAuto.com

Quick Reply: Front Accessory Pulleys - Need Help