General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car dies at low speed...help please

Old 07-30-2010, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Car dies at low speed...help please

I have an intermittent problem with the car in my sig dying at low speed and sometimes idle.

It will start right back up after, sometimes instantly other cranking a few moments. No codes. I have checked power wires to pcm and ground wires to the engine and all are tight and look good.

Seems most common during stopping, especially during a turn or on an incline. It doesn't fizzle out with a bad idle usually, just dies like turning the key off sometimes from a 1000rpm idle.

Problem has been getting progressively worse...I'm getting afraid to drive it out of the city limits.

Other notes possibly unrelated: the other day my tach was twiching even though idle was stable...tach was jumping up 500 rpm unnaturally

at cruise when i let off the throttle the car randomly falls in and out of closed loop/open loop and pulls timing down to 2* then puts it back in
Old 08-02-2010, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

well I think I've got it narrowed down to cam sensor, crank sensor, or the wiring for either...

these sensors are both kind of expensive and non returnable as well as being a bitch to change, what's the best way to determine which is the problem? I have EFI live
Old 08-06-2010, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

crank sensor harness was burned and crank sensor had a small gash in it from something...changed it and taped up the wires and so far so good

Search this Thread