General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

? About CleaninG my rotating assembly!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? About CleaninG my rotating assembly!

How's it going fellas first of all I really appreciate your time for reading my post I thank you very much! Anyways I have a quik question regarding my dirty dusty exposed rotating assembly that needs to be cleaned before I put my new ls1 oilpan On long story short I ran over a freaking curb that was not properly marked with reflectors etc etc and I clipped it and blew my passenger side front suspension and cracked my oilpan in pieces the car was running enough to get off the road but no damage was done to it in result to oil lose I turned it off immediatly after I got off road! I have had my car Insideside my garage and the oilpan has Been off for over a year! What is the best stuff I could use to spray all the debris n dust out from my rotating assembly should I use carb cleaner, brake cleaner, wd40 i don't want to spray the wrong stuff and mess my engine up ??? I'm at a lost on this lol please give me the answer lol I would greatly appreciate it thanks fellas sorry for the story lol have a good day!!! BennyBlanco
Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Launching!

I know you guys can read so If you read fast it would take you 1 minute to after reading my dilemma for you to Just shed a little 411 on what to use to spray the **** out of my bottom end I just don't want to spray the wrong **** in ther so any info would be great!!!!!!!!! Thanx. BB
Old 08-12-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what would be best, but make sure you don't use any solvents. That stuff will break your oil down.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:23 AM
Launching!

Thanks jeep junky for the info now if someone can give me the info I'm lookn for and what I can use to clean my bottom end out without causing any serious damage to my motor!!! So I'm hopeing somebody can shed sum light on my situation so I can slap my oilpan on asap! Thanks fellas for any info posted!! Have a great Friday!!! BB