General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Bad motor or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad motor or not?

Well as the older I get, the more I hate replacing things that don't need to be replaced. Out of the blue yesterday, my driver side window didn't want to come back up. However, I could hear a click in the dash each time I pressed down on the switch. Well a few moments later, the window shot up with no hesitation....pressed down on the switch and it went back down. Pressed up and well it came back up...wooohooo okay, maybe it was a fluke. Got back home.... window didn't want to come up. Well I gave it about 15 minutes or so, and it shot right back up with no hesitation. Does this sound like the motor to you? Maybe I should just change it anyways. I've read some similar stories from searchy searchy!!! Just want the verification I guess.

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Classic failure of the thermal cutoff circuit in the motor. Time for a new one soon before it completely dies on you. It will continue to go downhill until it just stops working entirely.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
Classic failure of the thermal cutoff circuit in the motor. Time for a new one soon before it completely dies on you. It will continue to go downhill until it just stops working entirely.
Figured as much

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, I just ordered mine (new) off Ebay and got it for $23 shipped. You can't beat that and there are plenty on there if you can afford to wait for shipping.