General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Trunk Latch Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk Latch Problems?

So, now I cant get my hatch to open. The switch in the dash doesnt work, and the lock cylinder will not turn with the key. The weird part is, when I hit the button in the dash the motor doesnt even try to cycle. I checked all my fuses and theyre all good. Has anyone else had a problem like this, or does anyone know what might be the problem?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nothin?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

My hatch will open only with the key fob, recently the push button under the wheel stopped working, havent tried the key yet tho
Old 07-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Launching!

So you can't get your hatch to open at all? Is it possible that the stepper motor has frozen up, so now it is permenantly shut?
If you haven't already checked the voltages going to the hatch you might want to do that, just to rule out the possibility of a weird electrical problem.
To open my hatch I used to have to get out of my car and stuick the key in; that was annoying. I picked one up from a junkyard and it wasn't that much. My guess is if it's not electrical it's probably the stepper motor.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Correct, wont open at all. Tried pushin the hatch down and turnin the key, tried lifting on it and turnin the key, tried jigglin the lock. None of the usual stuff works.

I havent checked the motor tho. Thats a good idea. My only problem is, I hafta figure out how to get to it with the hatch shut lol. I think Im gunna hafta cut liner to get to it. Its got a loop that goes around the latch, so I cant pull it back with the hatch shut.

Ill see what I can do. Thanks.