General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

need help fast

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default need help fast

ive been having a prob for awhile now i just got done doing lt headers about 2 weeks ago and ever since then theres been a slight vibration during driving, its slowly gotten more noticable as ive driven more and more. its began to have a rough idle at stoplights and such. yesterday it was fairly noticleble and i thought maybe a plug was loose. then today it took a massive **** all of a sudden. extremly rough idle and the whole car is shaking roughly. the ses light which has been on for awhile ( running lean codes p0171 p0174 p0420 ) started blinking and the car was shaking and felt like misfiring was happening, i couldnt even get the car above 20 mph it was so bad. sitting at stoplights trying to limp the car home it came close to dying many times. ive checked the plugs there on there solid and there brand new ngk v power tr55 and ive got brand new msd wires as well, none of them were loose. when we did my headers however during splicing of one of the front o2 sensors we got them mixed up and had to guess which ones went where. that was 2 weeks ago. ive read that bad o2 sensors could cause this and is sort of common after exhaust swaps involving the sensors. is this my issue? need help car is my only one and need to drive to work

on a side note im aware that those wires could be mismatched and this could be my problem but do the symptoms match?