General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Compression Test all cylinders low....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Compression Test all cylinders low....

Here's a picture of what my compression test turned out like..... They are all pretty low IMO... My question is do you guys think I should rebuild it or do you think it will last a while? Its in a 70 Camaro with a T56 and I drive it quite a bit. The motor has just over 100k. I'm rebuilding the tranny soon anyways because my reverse synchro has been going out for a while. I'm just debating on pulling the motor and trans out and rebuiling them both or just pulling the trans.... Thanks for the opinions.
Attached Thumbnails Compression Test all cylinders low....-ls1compression.png  
Old 01-21-2012, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's plenty of high mileage LS motors with mods still running strong. Unless there is wrong with the motor I would leave it alone. Of you're really concerned,. Do a leakdown test.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry for the bad grammar, I sent this from my phone.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1970RSZ28
Here's a picture of what my compression test turned out like..... They are all pretty low IMO... My question is do you guys think I should rebuild it or do you think it will last a while? Its in a 70 Camaro with a T56 and I drive it quite a bit. The motor has just over 100k. I'm rebuilding the tranny soon anyways because my reverse synchro has been going out for a while. I'm just debating on pulling the motor and trans out and rebuiling them both or just pulling the trans.... Thanks for the opinions.
those numbers dont look low. i forget what they should be but i do not see a problem.